chapter 18

A L W A Y S   K N O W N

     The place was flooded with people, everyone was dressed in high-end dresses and jewelry. Laurie pulled the car up to the front entering the VIP section, my door was opened by the valet. I stepped out and was met by Laurie's huge hand on my back, my eyes gracefully looked at him with a smile tugging at my lips.

The inside was even better looking than the outside, the walls were covered in red splashes. Gold railing and diamonds were dripping from the ceiling, it's not a party I've been to before. This screamed rich and powerful, far too much for a transporter as he claims to be. Everyone suddenly directed all their attention to us, my smile faded away.

They were watching us with a certain shock to their faces, I nervously glanced around.

"They're just surprised to see me with someone." He whispers inside my ear.

We walked over to Reian, he was drinking some whiskey with his elbows leaned up against the table. I tried acting casually like I wasn't just railed by his best friend, my body slowly stepped away from Laurie's. Reian's harsh eyes fell on my dress, his jaw suddenly clenched as his fingers turned white around his glass of alcohol.

He chugged down the burning alcohol without any expression lingering on his face. "Your dress is unzipped." Reian whispers while pointing his finger slowly at my zipper, my eyes fell on my bare hip.

"Reian, don't." Laurie spits out.

My fingers immediately reached down and zipped up my dress all the way, my eyes fluttered awkwardly between them.

Reian laughs while rubbing his finger against his nose. "You're a little bitch, Laurie."

My mouth dropped open, shock filled me when I processed what he had just said.

"Let's go talk, privately," Laurie says with a very dry tone to his voice.

"No, let's talk right here." Reian shoots back.

I don't understand why he's so mad.

"Let's talk about the fact that you're using her for sex," Reian shouts, angrily.

Loud enough for everyone to hear, from the corner of my eye I could see everyone start to turn and look at the scene in front of them. Not only is this embarrassing but his words somehow hit deep because the truth always does, he didn't even know our situation but he could see how meaningless I am to Laurie.

That hurts.

"Shut up, this is your last warning," Laurie says while staring at him, they both looked like they were ready to kill each other.

"No, I'm not going to sit by and watch you destroy her as you did with Tabitha." Reian stands up almost knocking down the small table that was dividing him and Laurie, he exhales harshly.