chapter 21

D R E S S E D  N  H E A R T B R E A K

D R E S S E D N H E A R T B R E A K

     I've been up for hours, I tried falling back to sleep but my eyes couldn't seem to stay close. I've been sitting in front of this vanity for the past hour or so, and my sleepy reflection stared back at me. My entire life has been a lie, that faith I held on about finding my mom one day simply faded away. The worst part is that I wasn't kidnapped for stupid heart surgery, I was kidnapped because I look like the ghost of a woman he use to love.

He doesn't love me, he never will because he will always love the ghost that lingers around in this house.

The bags under my eyes were dark, my hair was untamed and my eyes were puffy from all the crying I'd done. I tied my hair back and added no makeup to my red face, I didn't have any energy to try and make myself seem fine. I grabbed my medical bag, the faster I get this done the faster I could go home.

You could tell by my face how drained I was, mentally and physically.

I opened his office door and strolled inside unfazed by everything, I could feel his eyes watching my every move. I placed my bag on top of his desk, I turned my back to him and tugged on my blue gloves. His desk was surprisingly paper-free, everything was so neat and organized like he's been fixated on making everything perfect. His shirt was off and ready for my touch, I hate that I have to touch him because these gloves will do nothing for me.

I wrapped the cuff around his bicep, his eyes haven't left my body. I noticed that they were lingering on my face, and my fingers placed the diaphragm against his chest. My head had to lower down a bit to hear his heartbeat, my face was dangerously close to his.

"You've been crying." He said when I pulled away, my mouth shifted to a frown.

"Your vitals are good, everything seems to be moving along correctly." I mumbled, my hand pulled off the cuff and tucked it away.

I closed my medical bag without sparing him another glance, something was eating away at me and I wanted him to admit the truth to my face but I was afraid of how my heart would react. I don't know if I could take any more of this, I've never felt so tired in my entire life and I went through medical school for many years. I was getting ready to walk till his hand reached out and wrapped around my wrist, my body froze.

"Why did you have your sister kidnap me?" The words spilled out of my mouth, I decided I want answers no matter how painful they might be.

My head tilted facing him, his eyes met mine. His jaw clenched and his hand tightened around my wrist, his eyes were fluttering, probably wondering what made me ask that question.

"Don't lie to me, please." I whispered under my breath.

I know he had Diana kidnap me, and deep inside I also know why but I need to hear it from him. His eyes were reading my facial expression, and my body language because he's good at reading emotions just like me. He knows that I know and that I'll never forgive him for this.