chapter 14

R O O F T O P  18+

R O O F T O P 18+

    He brought me outside to the roof of his restaurant, there was small lights hanging around the poles on each side. Laurie slowly strolled over to the small table in the center where he dug around for something, he lit a cigarette in his mouth. Was he nuts? What part of dying does he not get.

He walked over to the brick railing where he could see more of the city, he leaned over and watched the cars drive by. It was beautiful, he was beautiful but that type of beauty scared me.

"I come up here to think, or get away from Diana." He says, there was a certain playfulness behind his words.

I walked over next to him but I remained at a safe distance, the view took my breath away almost immediately after seeing it.

"It's beautiful." I whispered.

"It truly is." He mumbles under his breath.

I turned to look at him but to my surprise he was already staring at me when he said those words, my stomach started to flutter with butterflies. We both shared a similar look, a look of uncertainty. I needed answers more then anything, my hand reached inside my dress pulling out the folded pieces of paper. His eyes watched as I unfolded the papers, I held them up.

"You're going to tell me everything." I whispered.

He brought his cigarette to his mouth, inhaling it then exhaling it, the sight was nearly unbearable.

"You looked through my stuff." He says.

I gulped, that thought never came to my mind.

"I needed answers and you weren't exactly giving them to me." I said. "Now that I have proof that I'm not crazy, you can tell me exactly what is going on."

He chuckles while running his finger over his bottom lip, it took me by surprise when he grabbed ahold of my throat and slammed me against the brick railing. My heart skipped a beat when I thought I was going to fall over but he made sure to meet his hips with mine to level out my weight.

"I don't particularly like when people go through my things." His eyes darkened, I coated my lips with my saliva.

"Get over it because I already did it." I told him with a strict tone.

His jaw clenched tightly, he didn't like my need of dominance. We bump heads because I don't back down from a fight and all he gives is fights, he's so use to women falling in line to everything he says that he doesn't know what to do when they don't.

"You think that because we've been fucking that you have some sort of authority over me." His lips drew in a thin line, okay that's intimidating.

He grabs ahold of my cheeks roughly, forcing me to face him directly. My mouth parted when he lowered his face closer to mine, his teeth bared at me like a wild animal. My heart rate increased and a rush of adrenaline ached through my body like a huge wave.