24

Grace's POV

"January 8th, 2008. It started the same as any other day. That morning, my mom received some very good news. She got a job that would have turned our lives upside down. She would have been able to quit the other jobs she worked. That night we were supposed to go to dinner but on the way there, a car ran a red light and crashed into us. Our car flipped and my mom died on sight. I was brought to the hospital. They decided to run a paternity test to try and find my father cause i had no way of contacting him and the next thing i know, i'm moving into the Malibu mansion with my father." I looked up at Peter and he wiped the tears from my eyes. "Ever since then, i usually spend the day locked up in my room. But yesterday, Dad and i decided to take the weekend and spend it in Malibu. I haven't seen my mother's grave since i was ten."

"I think that sounds like a good idea." I leaned my head on his shoulder. 

"Thank you for understanding" I leaned in to kiss him, but right before our lips could touch, we heard someone clear their throat. 

"You ready to go?" Dad asked and i nodded. 

"Bye Peter." I kissed his cheek and i left his apartment. I wanted to stop by his house and explain everything since we didn't get a chance the other day. 

"So i was thinking that we could stay at your old apartment." Dad suggested as he made his way to the airport. 

"No one lives there?" He shook his head. 

"I kinda own the building. I wanted you to always have a place that was your mom's." I looked at him.

"You bought the building? Not just the apartment?" 

"To be honest, i think i was drunk when i said we should buy it." I laughed and shook my head at my dad. 

"Why am i not surprised by that" He pulled into the airport parking lot and parked the car. 

We boarded the jet and got settled. Once it took off, dad and i just sat talking. 

"So, you and Peter are pretty serious, huh?" Dad questioned as he took a sip of his drink. 

"I guess. It's only been a couple months dad." He shrugged his shoulders. 

"I just want to make sure you are happy. You've had to much loss in your life." I reached across the table and took Dad's hand. 

"Dad, as long as i have you and Pepper, Happy and Rhodey, I'll be happy." 

"What did i do to deserve you?"

"Absolutely nothing." He rolled his eyes, but smiled at me. "That's why you got me. You needed someone to keep you in line." 

"And that you did" 

"So when's the wedding?" 

"Who knows. I think after everything, Pepper just wants to take her time planning" I nodded. 

"I think a winter wedding would be perfect for the two of you" 

"Really? I was thinking a intimate beach wedding in Hawaii. Just you, me, Pepper, Rhodey and Happy. Happy could officiate, Rhodey can be my best man, you can be Pepper's maid of honor." 

"I don't know. I think a big party would be more fun. A white and light blue wedding in the winter. I think that would be amazing." I smiled. 

Thinking about their wedding, i started thinking about the family that wouldn't be able to come. No Steve, no Nat, no Vision. Even Clint wouldn't be able to come. He's on house arrest. 

"Whatcha thinking about?" 

"How half our family wouldn't be able to come." He nodded but stayed silent. "I'm sorry."