16

Grace's POV

I'm an Avenger?

My dad just outed me as an Avenger.

What is my superhero name?

Am I gonna get a suit?

Is he actually gonna let me fight?

The press conference ended and Pepper, Dad and I walked out and into the living room.

"What just happened?"

"We made you an Avenger" Dad stated the obvious.

"I get that part, but why"

"I needed something to tell the people. I was going to announce Peter as Spiderman but you know he chose to stay on the ground" Damn it Parker.

"What does this even mean" Dad shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't really know yet. I guess it means if something happens that requires the Avengers- or what's left of them, you'll be in the lineup."

"Great."

Dad looked at Pepper and than towards me. Pepper must have gotten what dad was trying to say because she excused herself.

"I think we need to talk. There's been a lot going on lately and I feel like we haven't talked in awhile"

"I agree."

"Why don't we go get some doughnuts like we did when you were younger" I smiled thinking back at the time we went after his birthday. Of course he had been dying, but it was still fun. That was the first time I met Nick.

"You gonna fly to me to Malibu?"

"I was thinking maybe just Manhattan." I smiled and dad put his arm around my shoulder. "You want to throw a jacket on or something?"

"I'm good" I smiled and we walked to the car. We got into one of my dad's many cars.

"I guess I have to start teaching you to drive soon" I smiled.

"I can't even get my permit till next month."

"You're getting old"

"Says you. What are now? Fifty?"

"You wound me." I laughed at my dad. We drove to the doughnut shop and walked in. We picked our doughnuts and sat down on a bench.

"To bad there isn't any giant doughnuts we can sit in" Dad smiled.

"I was very hungover when I took you there."

"I know" He smiled.

"I was not the best dad"

"You were an amazing dad. You were a lot better than the dad I dreamt of"

"What was the dad you dreamt of? We've never really talked about it" I gave my dad a small smiled.

"I imagined a doctor. Someone who was saving lives. I imagined that my mom didn't tell him about me so she didn't distract him from his career. I agreed. I would have hated to be in the way of someone who was saving lives."

"How am I better than a doctor?"

"Because you are real. You may have sucked the first two weeks and than were missing for the next three months, but when you came back, you were a father. You loved me, you took care of me and you became and freaking superhero." He laughed. "I didn't want some fancy doctor, I just wanted my dad." He side hugged me.

"I love you" I put my head on his shoulder.

"I love you too dad"

"So Pepper and I had a talk and I realized I may have overreacted a little about you dating."