58

Grace's POV

"What do you mean you eloped?!"

"Well after you and everyone else blipped we didn't feel like it was right to have a big wedding. So after we found out Pepper was pregnant, we eloped." 

"No, no, no, no. After all the shit you've put Pepper through, you just eloped. She deserves a party." Pepper walked into the room and looked at us. 

"Whatcha talking about?" 

"I was filling Grace in on the five years she was dust for." 

"And he told me that you eloped?!" 

"We didn't feel like it was right getting married without you being there. I think after Happy, you were the person who wanted us to get married the most. The day we met you asked if i was his wife" 

"Cause he was an asshat and i figured only his wife would put up with him." 

"Did you just call me an asshat?" 

"Oh tell me i'm wrong. You didn't speak to me at all the day except to ask my birthday." 

"that's fair" 

"Anyways, back on topic, you two should redo your vows and throw a party." 

"That doesn't sound too bad." Dad said

"We could just have a ceremony outside and then we could have the reception here. Everyone is invited to come." Pepper said and i smiled. 

"Yay! I'll start planning. I haven't planned a party since my sixteenth birthday." I skipped out of the living room and went to my room thinking about everything. 

Tony's POV

"So, we are getting married" 

"I feel like we should tell her that we technically didn't elope." 

"No. Because she's my daughter and we are way too similar in the fact that we like big parties. If she knows we aren't actually married, she'll make this a way bigger thing than we want it to be." Pep nodded. 

"So who's your best man gonna be?" 

"I feel like it has to be Rhodey." 

"I think Grace will be my maid of honor" 

"You know she's already planned this right?" 

"I think she's had it planned since she was eight" I laughed. 

"Since that day in the hospital" She nodded. 

"It's crazy that we met her sixteen years ago." I paused. "I've been Iron Man for sixteen years" 

"it doesn't feel like it's been that long." 

"I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything. I love our life and i love our family" I leaned in a kissed Pepper on the forehead. 

"We have two beautiful girls who love each other so much." 

"And all the avengers." 

"And Grace has been lucky enough to find someone who loves her." I smiled at the thought of Peter and Grace. 

"I knew that one day she would start dating. But i never thought the first boy she would date, would be someone who i don't hate. I thought she'd find some asshole teenage boy that we'd fight about, she'd claim she loves him, then he'd break her heart. But Peter, is perfect for her. And she's perfect for him." Pepper smiled. "You better not tell them. what i just said. I can't have them knowing how i think they are perfect for each other" 

"I won't tell them." She smiled an kissed me. 

"You know what we've never done?" 

"What?" 

"Take family pictures" She laughed at me. "Don't laugh. My mom used to love sticking me and my dad in matching outfits and force us to take pictures." She smiled. 

"Please tell me there's a photo album somewhere with all of those photos?" I stood up and went over to one of the bookshelves. I pulled out a black photo album. 

"Why have i never seen this before?" I shrugged my shoulders and sat down on the couch with it. 

"I don't know. I just don't like looking at them. The last photo we took was a few weeks before they died." She opened the book. "That's their wedding day" 

She flipped through the pages, looking at the pictures of my parents and eventually baby me. 

"Tony's first birthday" She flipped through the pages. "Tony's High School graduation" 

"That was one of the only times my dad told me he was proud of me." 

"Is that Rhodey in the background?" I looked closely and saw that Rhodey was in the background of the photo.

"It is. I have never noticed that before" We turned the page and it was a picture of my mom hugging Rhodey at our graduation. "They loved him like a second son. Sometimes i was convinced that they loved him more than me" 

"Do you think your parents would have liked me?" 

"I think they would have. My mom would have been overjoyed that someone finally got me to settle down. And my dad would have loved your fiery, take no shit, attitude." I smiled. "And they definitely would have loved Grace and Morgan. My mom would have loved being a grandma." 

"You know, one day, you are going to be a grandpa to a bunch of super smart, stark-looking, spider babies." My eyes widened. 

"Hopefully not anytime soon. They better be at least forty-six by the time they get married and have kids" She shook her head. 

"I think the most you'll get is twenty-six." 

"That's in like nine years"

"Yep." 

"Man, i'm getting old" 

"Aren't we both" 

"There is no one else i'd rather grow old with than you Mrs. Potts" 

"Right back at you Mr. Stark" 

~~

I have a few things to say sorry for. 

Sorry i disappeared on y'all for a second. I was going through some family stuff and i didn't have a lot of time to write/edit or upload.
Sorry for scaring you all with the last chapter. I went through the comments of everyone asking if that was the last chapter. It is not. I have 62 chapters planned out. 
And sorry for making you wait so long just to have this mini chapter. It's just a little filer chapter before some fun stuff goes down. 

Let me know if you have any questions you want answered, or any concerns, or anything else you'd like to know before the book ends.