56

Grace's POV

I woke up in my own bed, in my own home. I must have slept the whole way home. The last thing i remember is Peter carrying me onto the quinjet.

I felt a presence behind me and saw Peter asleep in my bed. I smiled. He looked so tried i decided to let him sleep in a little.

I stood up and got out of bed. I was dressed in one of Peter's hoodies that i've stolen and a pair of sweatpants. Someone must have changed my clothes when we arrived home.

I walked out to the living room and saw my dad sitting at the kitchen table, drinking coffee alone. He turned to me and stood up.

I didn't say anything. All I did was hug my dad for the first time in eight months.

"I forgive you" I whispered in his ear. When we pulled apart he looked at me with tears in his eyes. "For the last eight months all I have wanted was for you to walk through the door and tell me you were okay. But then you actually did and I didn't know what to felt. I felt relief that you weren't dead. But I felt angry and betrayed and sad. I didn't think you'd ever lie to me about something like this. I didn't think you'd make my family lie to me about something like this. I was ready to never forgive you. Because at least hating you while you are alive is easier than missing you and wishing you were alive." He just looked at me. "While she was torturing me, i thought back to something my mom said when i was little, 'sometimes you'll hurt the people you love. What matters is the aftermath.' You hurt me dad but that doesn't matter because you are here. You are alive. You will watch me grow up. You'll walk me down the aisle and you'll be here with me. That's all I could have ever asked for. I love you dad and I'm sorry for not welcoming you back sooner"

"Oh Gracie, I love you" I hugged my father and i cried into his arms. We heard footsteps behind us and i turned around to see Steve. I ran up to him and i jumped onto him.

"There's my best girl"

"I love you Stevie" He set me on the ground. "I'm sorry to you both for how i've been acting towards you two. I was just so angry but after this past week, I can't spend another day being mad at you"

They both hugged me.

"I see some hugging going on. Is this a good thing?" Pepper came and i nodded and hugged her.

"I'm also sorry for how i acted towards you Pep."

"You don't need to apologize sweetie. I knew how you'd react. I raised you" I smiled.

"And after this week, you are officially my mother" She gave a sad smile. "Speaking of, where is the traitorous bitch?" Dad chuckled.

"On the raft. I told Ross to give her the worse room possible and he happily agreed. He said something about being scared you might yell at him again." I look at Pep and Steve and we all shared the same look. "What did i miss?"

"I may or may not have freaked out at him at your funeral." He laughed.

"That's my girl"

Slowly, everyone started waking up.

Peter joined us and i smiled at him.

"Hey" I kissed him

"Hey" He looked up and noticed dad staring at him. "Can we go outside?" I nodded and we walked out onto the porch.

As soon as the door closed, Peter pulled me into him and placed his hands on my waist, pulling me into a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened our kiss.

"I'm sorry it took so long to find you" I kissed him again.

"Don't. It's not your fault. Plus i wasn't even awake for most of it. I have no idea what they did to me. I only remember the pain" He nodded. I pulled him down to me and kissed him again. "Our track record with high school dances isn't too great."