2

Grace's POV

I was sitting backstage as my father was presenting B.A.R.F. I liked coming with my father when he did presentations. I also really like the B.A.R.F. program. I thought it was really cool. It just needs a new name.

I heard the applause of the audience and knew my dad would be finishing up. I knew he was hurting from his break with Pepper but knowing those two, they will get back together, eventually.

I saw my father go out one of the doors and i followed.

"What, gonna leave without me?" He laughed.

"I'd never leave you." I smiled and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I tried to tell them that Pepper cancelled but i couldn't in time."

"It's ok." I nodded. We walked to the elevator and stood next to a women who was also waiting.

"That was nice what you did for those young people." She spoke and dad looked at her.

"Ah, they deserve it. Plus, it helps ease my conscience."

"They say there's a correlation between generosity and guilt. But if you've got the money break as many eggs as you'd like. Right?" Dad just looked at the women and thats when we both noticed she hadn't pressed the elevator button. I pressed up for us.

"Are you going up?" Dad asked the women.

"I'm right where i want to be." She reached into her bag and dad pulled me behind him and grabbed her arm. The women looked at dad and we both took a deep breath.

"Sorry, it's an occupational hazard"

"I work for the state department. Human resources. I know it's boring but it enabled me to raise a son. I'm very proud of what he grew up to be." The woman shoved dad. In her had, a picture. "His name was Charlie Spencer. You murdered him in Sokovia. Not that that matters in the least to you. You think you fight for us? You just fight for yourself. Who's going to avenge my son, Stark? He's dead, and i blame you." The woman walked away and i grabbed my dad's arm.

"It's not your fault. You weren't trying to kill anyone. You were trying to save everyone."

"But what if it had been you? You were thirteen"

"I know." We were silent the whole way back to New York.

"We are going to pick up The Secretary of State" My dad said and i nodded. I knew this wasn't going to end well.

We arrived to the Avengers Facility, with Secretary Ross.

"Grace, to your room"

"Can't i go to the kitchen first? I'm hungry" He looked at me and i gave him an innocent smile.

"Kitchen, than your room" I nodded and went to the kitchen. I saw Ross, my dad, Steve, Wanda, Nat, Sam, Rhodey, and Vision in the conference room. I started making a grilled cheese.

I sat on the kitchen counter and waited for everyone to come out. I wanted to know why my dad brought The Secretary of State. I sat on the counter, eating my grilled cheese when  Secretary Ross left and everyone left to go sit in the living room.

"Goodbye Secretary Ross" I waved goodbye and he gave me a small smile.

"Goodbye Ms. Stark" Once he was gone I walked into the living room.

"Secretary Ross has a congressional medal of honor. Which is one more than you have." Rhodey was saying as i walked in. My dad was laying on the daybed with his hand over his eyes and Steve was sitting on the table reading something. I decided to stand next to the daybed where my dad was.