31

*the beginning of this chapter kinda really sucks*
*this also has a few Point of View changes, mostly between Tony and Steve*

Steve's POV

It has been 23 days since half of the universe was snapped out of existence. That includes, Bucky, Sam, T'challa, Grace, and many more. Tony and whoever was with him are still missing. 

I was shaving when the building started to shake. I left my room and saw Bruce, Nat, and Rhodey going outside. I saw Pepper was already out there and that's when I saw the ship. As it started to land I saw a women was pushing it. It landed and then I saw him. Tony Stark. He was trying to walk. He was very skinny and very unhealthy. Who wouldn't be after spending almost a month in space with limited air and food. I ran to the ship and helped him walk down the stairs.

"Couldn't stop him" 

"Neither could I" 

"Hang on." He stoped walking and looked at me. "I lost the kid"

"Tony, we lost."

"Is uh," He started but Pepper ran over to him. "Oh good" 

"Oh my gosh" Pepper hugged him and I looked at the two. I knew Pepper wasn't going to be able to tell him. 

"Where's my daughter? Where's Grace?" He asked and then pepper looked at me. 

"Tony, she's, she's gone" I told him.

"I failed her. I told her I would keep her safe, I told her I would keep Peter safe, I told her I would bring him and come back to her. I let her down. How could I have failed her again?" I felt bad for Tony. He thought of the spider-kid as a son and he watched him die. And then to come home and learn his daughter died. No one deserves that pain. 

"You didn't fail her." Pepper let out as a whisper. 

I looked at Natasha and motioned for her to give Tony the necklace. 

"Before it happened, Grace took this off," She handed him the necklace that I'd never once seen leave Grace's neck. "She wanted us to give this to you." Tony let a tear fall down his cheek. 

"Come on, you need to see a doctor and eat something"

Tony's POV

After Steve and Pepper got me inside and got me medical attention and a sandwich, we sat around and talked about the aftermath of what happened

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth."

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census and it looks like he did, he did exactly what he said he was gonna do" Natasha said and I saw Grace and Peter's pictures on the list of people we lost. "Thanos wiped out 50% of all living creatures."

"Where is he now? Where?" I asked the group. I want Thanos to pay for what he did. 

"We don't know" Steve said. "He just opened a portal and walked through" I looked over and saw Thor. He was mopping around, sitting in a containment cell. 

"What's wrong with him?" 

"Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did but there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?" The talking stuffed animal said. 

"Honestly, until this exact second I thought you were a Build-A-Bear" 

"Maybe I am" 

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep space scans and satellites, and we got nothing. Tony, you fought him."