31

Yedam had been visiting the cafe everyday to study, ordering something new everyday to try the different drinks, and Inhye couldn't handle the constant panic she goes through for every second he's there. Especially when he started a conversation. 

It would be polite small talk, but he would ask about her family, her friends, her school, and every thing she didn't want to talk about - which was herself as a whole. And everyday she would complain to her three best friends, which they would quietly listen to because they weren't sure whether she was still mad or not. 

Today was just another one of those days. Yedam was sitting in his usual seat by the window, drinking a matcha latte with a bubble waffle set out beside him. Instead of studying like he did before, he was reading one of the books from the bookshelves. Except there was one teeny tiny problem - that was Inhye's book. 

It was a book that she didn't like all that much, but she had left annotations and little comments all throughout the book and she really fucking hoped her name or anything that would give her away wouldn't be written in there. 

When she explained that to Aphrodite and Noa, the two being the only ones free as Ilhoon was teaching a class, made fun of her. Especially when he smiled and chuckled to himself at certain comments and instead of making her feel proud that she made him laugh, she would feel dreadful and anxious.

As she was in the middle of typing a 'fuck you' to them, a shadow covered her screen, making her pause her message and look up. Meeting eyes with his black ones, Inhye jumped to her feet and stuff her phone into her pocket, ultimately missing it and dropping her phone on the floor. 

Not daring to acknowledge it, Inhye forced a smile on her face. "May I help you?" 

Yedam returned the smile, with it being less forced, before saying, "I'd like another matcha latte."

Inhye nodded her head. She watched him walk away a few seconds longer before picking up her phone and sighing in relief when it wasn't cracked. With a sigh, she began to make his drink. 

The hours passed by quickly, and Yedam was still seated in his seat, completely invested in the book and the comment made by Inhye. It had been an hour since the last costumer left (other than Yedam) and twenty minutes since her friends stopped responding (they were probably ignoring her on purpose by this point), so Inhye was anxiously tapping her fingers on the counter. 

It was the rhythm Noa had been playing nonstop, tapping it whenever he could during their calls. The rhythm must've been good because Yedam paused his reading to look up at her. Her stomach did another flip. 

"Did you make that rhythm?" Yedam inquired, tilting his head cutely. Inhye swallowed the lump in her throat, hoping her voice didn't sound shaky when she spoke. 

"No, my er...friend did, actually," she said. In truth, Inhye didn't know where she stood with Noa, but she never truly cared to know. Just as he opened his mouth, someone opened the cafe door with a warm smile. "Innie-ah, I bought some chicken for dinner, I hope you don't mind-Yedam?"

Yedam, who was glancing in between the two stopped his gaze on the older woman. "Hi Ms. Kim. It's nice to see you again so soon."

~~

Junkyu watched as all of the first years hoarded the practice rooms for the fifth time that month. Hyunsuk stood beside him, just as annoyed. They were leaning against the walls of the studio, glaring at the closed doors with their arms crossed like a child who was put in timeout. 

What made it worse was the fact that Ilhoon and Junkyu became a hot topic in all of the dance compartment. Junkyu assumed Ilhoon would've kept his mouth shut about that incident, but considering the stares and whispers he's received during the small portion of his morning, it was enough to know it was leaked. 

"Junkyu hyung! Hyunsuk hyung!" A familiar brunette practically pranced his way over to the two, a childish grin on his face. 

"What's up, Yeongue," Hyunsuk greeted, forcing a smile on his face (though it only made him look more irritated). Unsurprisingly, Yeongue didn't notice Hyunsuk's expression, or didn't care to ask, and instead beamed at the unenthusiastic greeting. 

"Oh nothing much, just that Binnie hyung bought me a promise ring!" Yeongue shamelessly showed off his simple, silver band to the two single men, watching them glare in slight envy and annoyance. 

"Did you just come from across campus just to show us your promise ring?" Junkyu raised his eye brows at Yeongue, not even trying to hide his unamused expression. The other nodded his head vigorously. 

"You're just jealous that I got something like this and you got a one night stand," Yeongue said quickly, sticking his tongue out at Junkyu and dodging the man's swing just in time. "I'm going to go show Keita and Yedam my ring now! See ya later!!" 

And just like that, Yeongue was long gone. 

"Talking about Keita and Yedam, what happened to them?" Junkyu side glanced Hyunsuk, the blonde still leaning against the wall. Junkyu sighed and ruffled the back of his hair before leaning back against the wall with Hyunsuk. 

"You know? I don't know either. They got together after graduation but broke up a week later. They never talked about it so everyone just chose to forget about it." Junkyu shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, they're still friends so it's nothing to worry about."

"Are you sure they're still friends?" Hyunsuk asked. Despite his question being directed at Junkyu, he was staring at the doors, impatiently waiting for a door to swing open and become unoccupied. 

"What do you mean?"

"You don't notice how they avoid each other?" Taking a quick glance at Junkyu, Hyunsuk's face darkened slightly. "I mean, sure, they go to the same events and they have the same friend group, but they don't talk to each other at all."

"They rarely ever spoke in the first place?"

Hearing that, Hyunsuk finally turned away fully from the doors and stared at Junkyu in disbelief. Ignoring the sound of a door opening, Hyunsuk continued to speak. "Are you blind or are you deaf? Yeah, sure Yedam is your best friend and is always around you, but Keita and Yedam are childhood friends who've known each other since kindergarten. You really didn't think they spoke when you weren't around?"

"But wasn't Keita extremely shy around Yedam?" Junkyu questioned. 

"I-" Hyunsuk stopped himself from saying anyway and instead shook his head, hanging his head low. "Whatever, let's just get to practicing." 

Just as Hyunsuk turned around to go into the room that just opened up, someone else walked right into it. "Dammit!"

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 15, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

How To Kiss A Boy//Kim Jun Kyuजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें