24

"Junkyu! What the fuck are you staring off into space for?" Junkyu snapped out of his daze and glanced over to where Hyunsuk stood, rolling his eyes in annoyance. Just to his luck, he and Hyunsuk were in the same department, both studying dance theory.

"Why are we stuck with the same people until college?" Junkyu groaned, complaining as Hyunsuk slapped the boys back. 

"Well ask your dad that, he's the one who hands out scholarships all willy-nilly to everyone who goes to his academy," Hyunsuk retorted, "now hurry your ass up. Today's Yeongue's and the others' first day at Uni. At least try to be happy for them for not being held back."

"Fuck off." Despite saying that, Junkyu stood up and picked up his bag, getting ready to greet the first years. The two were juniors in college and now their friends were going to be freshmen. As the two walked to the gate, Junkyu couldn't help but remember the first day of his third year of high school. 

An image of Insoo's face flashed through his mind, startling him. The crossdresser never came back to school after the incident and she never texted him back after that day. She seemed to just fall off the grid as even Mashiho and his father didn't know where she went. Not only that, but Noa cancelled his transfer a few days after the incident. 

Junkyu sighed, catching the attention of Hyunsuk. "Still thinking of him?" 

"Huh?" Junkyu asked, caught of guard. Hyunsuk rolled his eyes at his friends idiocy. 

"Insoo. Are you still thinking of him?" Hyunsuk asked again. Junkyu, hearing this, let out an awkward laugh. 

"Wh-what?? No...!" he was quick to deny it, lying through his teeth. Of course, she was slowly slipping his mind as the more time passed by, but she would still seem to make her way into his mind. He barely knew her. It scared him that he was so infatuated with her despite barely knowing her. Hyunsuk gave him a look of distrust.

"Sureeee," he said, still skeptical. Junkyu shook his head. 

"Oh! Yedam!" The said boy turned his attention away from the freshmen, immediately smiling at the sight of his best friend. Yedam waved at him, to which Junkyu waved back. "Hey Gue!"

Yeongue waved at Junkyu before pulling him into a tight hug. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, Hyung!" Junkyu chuckled in response, hugging the younger boy back. 

"Yeah, I could say the same! How are you and Yoonbin?" Before Yeongue could answer, a voice replied from behind them. 

"Just fine, thank you very much." Yoonbin pulled Yeongue away from Junkyu, wrapping his arm protectively around the youngest. Junkyu laughed at Yoonbin's possessiveness, raising his hands defensively. 

"It was just a friendly hug, no need to get jealous," Yeongue whined, pulling his boyfriend into an embrace, "c'mon!"

"AYE! AYE!" Mashiho screeched, jumping over to where Haruto stood and pulling the Japanese boy into a tight embrace. "WASSUPPPP!"

"Please stop," Haruto laughed, wanting to pretend he didn't know him. Mashiho sent Haruto an offended look, pulling away from the hug temporarily. 

"Excuse me? Can I not be excited to see you?" From beside them, Asahi sighed before pulling Mashiho away. 

"You're excused, now stop embarrassing him," Asahi stated, "but it's nice to see you finally reach college."

The large group of boys were together, all conversing about the things they haven't been able to catch up on. Jeongwoo, who had a good glance around the group, then asked, "wait, where's Midam-hyung? And Byunggon and Seunghun hyung?"

"They didn't take the scholarship and went to the University in the south," Yedam explained. From afar, someone sprinted their way. 

"Sorry! I was being held back in class!" they shouted, running up to the group. Once reaching them, he took in heavy and deep breaths. "I should've never taken Linguistics."

"Glad you can make it, Keita," Doyoung greeted, smiling sweetly. Keita returned the smile, patting the boy's head. Now everyone was there (excluding Midam, Byunggon, and Seunghun). Junkyu tried listening and partaking in all of the different conversations happening around him, but there were too many voices and words being thrown around he started to get confused. 

"Inhye!" His ears perked up at the name. He lifted his head, shifting his eyes around the area without realizing what he was doing. Mashiho, who stood near him, raised a brow at his strange behavior. 

"Junkyu?" Hearing his name, Junkyu brought his attention to the marshmallow boy. "What are you looking for?"

"Nothing-" Junkyu started, only to get cut off by Jihoon. 

"He's looking for his non-existent girlfriend, Inhye," Jihoon teased, ruffling Junkyu's hair and messing it up, "the dudes been looking for her for years. Every time he heard that name or a name similar to it, he goes batshit crazy and tries to find her."

As Jihoon continued on, talking about the girl named 'Inhye', Junkyu pressed his face into his hands in embarrassment as only a few of them knew who Jihoon was talking about. One of them, of course, being Mashiho. The marshmallow boy smirked slightly until it fell into a small, sad smile. If this were the past, Mashiho would tease Junkyu to no end, but this was the present, and Inhye wasn't in the present. 

"Hey, you know, we already treated like it was taboo to bring up, but I've been dying to know," Junghwan started, "what happened to the boy that you guys always hung out with? I only remembered because 'Inhye' and 'Insoo' sound similar."

A heavy silence dawned over them. They didn't know either. Junkyu and Mashiho believed she left for good and was no longer walking on the Earth, but everyone else believed she simply transferred schools. Junkyu remembered the day his father came out with that answer despite not fully knowing himself. 

"Well, I guess you really did shorten it." Was what Yedam said at the time, referring to the day Junkyu said he would shorten his time with Insoo so he wouldn't have to spend his senior year with her. 

"We're not too sure either," was all Junkyu said, cutting the conversation there.