25: Two Sides of a Coin

**EDITED: 5/17/17**

I winced slightly at the constant tugging at my hair. Renesmee wanted to do my hair, and I couldn't exactly say no to her puppy dog face. So now here I was, sitting on the floor as Ness stood above me, her small hands tugging through my curls and up into pigtails.

I fought back a yawn when I saw Seth watching us. He knew I was having trouble sleeping the past few days, and he was watching me like a hawk. I always denied it when he tried to talk about it. I just didn't want to talk about it. I wish it was just a nightmare that kept me up night after night, but it wasn't.

It was the memories.

And I can't run from those. Not anymore.

"All done!" Ness squealed and clapped her hands. I grinned at her and stood, letting my hands run through the pigtails.

"Thank you, Ness." I let the girl jump into my arms and I placed a kiss on her cheek before letting her down. "Why don't you ask Rosalie if she wants her hair done too?" I folded my arms over my chest as I watched Ness skip out of the living room. I felt a little bad for sending her off to Rosalie, but I wanted to try and take a nap.

I quickly turned on my heel and headed towards the stairs, ignoring the eyes following my every move. When I got to my room, I closed the door behind me, careful not to lock the door. Seth had already broken it once the second night of my nightmares, and I didn't need a repeat of that.

I crawled under the blankets, tugged my hair free from the pigtails, and shut my eyes tightly. I tried to clear my mind, but I was worried that I'd have another memory, and I was not looking forward to that.

I was finally able to relax after who knows how long, but it was nice to relax and fall asleep...

The sun beamed down through the trees as I breathed in the fresh air. The wind blew softly, making a cool breeze. I looked around, noticing it was the same meadow with the small pond that had given me my humanity back.

I stood and walked towards the pond, staring at my reflection in the water. I didn't look sleep deprived as I usually did. I looked normal.

I blinked and suddenly Seth was standing next to me. I smiled at him, still looking at our reflections in the water. Seth grinned, his eyes lighting up. His hand moved from his side and rested against my shoulder.

And that's when I knew something was wrong. His touch wasn't warm and gentle like it always was.

It was cold and harsh. Nothing like Seth. Like the real Seth.

My head turned to look away from the reflection and to where Seth was standing. My heart quickened when I saw that it was not Seth standing next to me.

It was Jane.

My gaze snapped back to the reflection, frowning when I saw Seth in Jane's place. I frowned in confusion.

"Anna," I flinched at the name and looked back at Jane, now in the place of where Seth was. Her blood red eyes sent shivers down my spine, but I refused to look away, knowing it would make Jane think she had an advantage.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to step away from her, but her grip was tight on my shoulder.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She smirked and grabbed onto my wrist to keep me from leaving. "You belong with us, Anna. You need us."

"You're crazy." I spat, glaring at her.

"I'm not the crazy one, Anna. Who are you kidding? Do you really think you belong like this? A half human half vampire hybrid. This wasn't supposed to happen. It's unnatural. You're still the monster you were when you were a full vampire, now you just hide behind the human half and play innocent. You think some water is going to give you back the humanity you walked away from all those years ago? You think it makes all the lives you took go away?" I bit my lip, feeling tears sting my eyes at the thought of what I had done while with the Volturi.