33: Help

**EDITED: 5/17/17**

It was quiet.

Edward and Bella took Ness back to their cottage. Alice and Rosalie took Emmett and Jasper to hunt since they didn't do much of it while I was.... gone. Carlisle had the night shift so Esme went with Alice.

Seth was sleeping in my bed, his arms wrapped around me, holding me in place.

I couldn't sleep though. My thoughts were racing. My phone taunting me as it sat on my nightstand, fully charged.

I sighed, glancing at Seth from over my shoulder before wiggling out of place, freezing once when Seth groaned and readjusted himself. I grabbed my phone, wincing when the screen lit up. I rubbed my eyes and sat on the floor in front of my window. I scrolled through my contacts, staring at the screen before making the call. I took a deep breath, holding the phone to my ear as I played with the hem of my pajamas.

"Anna?" A voice answered after the second ring. "Why are you calling?"

"Jane," I whispered, glancing at Seth to make sure he was still asleep. "Jane, I need your help. I know that I'm not part of the Volturi anymore and I shouldn't be calling you for a favor and you probably hate me or whatever-"

"Anna, I don't hate you." I could practically see her rolling her eyes. "What's wrong?" I was mildly surprised at the tone of concern in her voice. I took a deep breath before telling her everything.

"... And the worst part is I can't even use my gift to protect them. She has some sort of immunity against me, but Jasper could still feel her emotions so it's not against every gift. We can't take her by ourselves, despite what they may think.... Jane, I'm scared. I didn't remember anything. I saw what my disappearance did to Seth and Jasper, and I can't have Lucy be a threat any longer."

"So you want us to step in? Anna, you know we're going to kill her, not just take her away. A threat that big can't walk away."

"I know. That's why I can't let the Cullen's know that you're coming. They'll try to compromise, but I want her gone." I sighed, "I know that you're going to have to tell Aro, but I can't come back."

"I understand. I will bring Alec, Demetri and Felix with me. Hopefully we can eliminate the threat before Aro needs us. We should arrive in they day after tomorrow, I'll meet you in the clearing."

"Thank you, Jane." The line went dead. Figures, Jane wasn't really one for sentimental moments. But I was grateful that she still cared enough to help me.

I jumped when there was a soft knock on the door. Seth shifted in the bed, but stayed asleep. I slowly stood and tiptoed to the door, opening it enough so that my head stuck out. I mentally panicked when I saw Alice standing there, a small frown on her face. I opened the door more and leaned against it.

"Alice, what's wrong?" I asked quietly.

"I had a vision." Oh no... "Usually I can look past you and the wolves since you make my vision go blank... I saw some of Jane's future disappear. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that?"

I frowned, "No. You don't think they're coming back, do you?" For once, I was thankful that I was part of the Volturi- it made me an excellent liar.

Alice shook her head. "I can't be sure. I don't want to worry anyone until I can be sure, so if this can stay between us..."

"Of course," I nodded. Alice smiled and threw her arms around me and I wrapped my arms around her tiny frame, smiling to myself. Crisis averted.

I closed the door after she left and crawled back into bed. I wasn't tired, but I just wanted to lay in Seth's arms until he woke up.

~FP~

I rubbed my eyes, surprised that I had actually fallen asleep. When I woke up, the sun was peaking through the curtains. I sighed, sitting up until a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled be back onto the bed.

I squealed, turning my head to look at Seth. He had a cheeky grin on his face, his eyes dancing with amusement and mischief.

I laughed and pecked his lips, "Morning."

"Morning, Belle." Seth's hand moved from my waist to run up and down my back, sending a shiver down my back.

"How'd you sleep?" I whispered, drawing circles onto his biceps.

"Wonderful now that I know that you're back in my arms." I leaned in, kissing Seth softly. The thought of Seth tossing and turning- of him not even sleeping just to keep finding me- ran through my mind.

We were interrupted by a soft knocking at the door. Both of us stared at the door, as if scolding it for allowing someone to interrupt us. I sighed and got up to answer the door, thinking it was probably Jasper.

"Rosalie?" I was kind of surprised to see her standing there, her arms crossed and her face set in a small smile. While Rosalie and I had bonded while Bella was pregnant, I still felt a bit awkward around her. Especially after I became part human. "Uh, what's up?"

"Well I was talking to Carlisle this morning about the pond," the one that made me part human, "and he agrees with me."

"About...?"

Rosalie took a deep breathe, despite the fact that she didn't need to breathe at all. "I asked Carlisle if it would be a good idea for you to take me there-to the pond- and he can repeat the process that made you human, on me." Rosalie smiled, almost hesitant- as if I would say no to her request. As if I would ever consider saying no. This was her chance for a family of her own- and I wouldn't be so cruel as to deny her that chance.

"Of course I'd take you!" Rosalie squealed and pulled me into a tight hug, which I gladly returned. "Just let me change out of my pajamas and we can go."

"You don't want breakfast?" She asked, pulling away with a concerned look on her face.

"I'll put eat a toaster strudel or something." I shrugged.

"I'll put it in the toaster for you," she smiled and ran off. I smiled after her, closed the door and ran to my dresser.

"I'm going with you," Seth said immediately. I glanced over at him as I pulled out jeans, a bra, a tank top, and a red knit cardigan.

"I figured," I shrugged. I guess it didn't completely register in my mind that Seth was in the room because I turned away from him and changed from my pajamas into my clothes. It clicked when I turned and saw Seth looking away with a fierce blush on his cheeks. I laughed to myself before crossing the room to place a kiss on his cheek before heading to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I met Seth and Rosalie in the kitchen, taking the toaster strudel from Rosalie as we headed out of the house and into the woods. I could tell Rosalie was anxious to get there as fast as we could, but finding the damn pond took hours. When I thought I had found the path, I ended up somewhere completely different. Seth tried to help navigate too since he'd been there a couple times before, but the same results happened. It was like the pond was playing cat and mouse with us.

We were all getting frustrated- I would have given up had it not been for the incentive to find the pond for Rosalie.

When I finally found the path I had taken many times, my frustration was disappearing.

That is, until I saw what had happened to the pond.