14: Over

**EDITED: 5/16/17**

The days went by at an agonizingly slow pace. We were all tense from anticipation of whether or not Sam was going to attack. I knew that the thirst was taking a toll on everyone, putting us all on a short fuse towards each other.

It helped when Seth was there with me. He could distract me from the burning in my throat, but it would never last. It didn't help that his sister was there too, her obvious distaste for me put me even more on edge. 

Everyday we tried to do research on the baby, but we never got far. It seemed like we looked through every source, webpage, and book that Carlisle had and still found nothing. Our misfortune made Edward unbearable to be around for the rest of the week. He remained in the shadows, an ever present reminder of the rapid decline of Bella's health and chance of survival. Bella no longer felt comfortable around Edward unless she was completely covered up, and it made me detest him.

We were all sitting in the living room one night, trying to pass the time. Bella now had to have an IV attached to her to keep herself from starving to death. It was all that kept her from withering away to nothing. I sat in front of Jasper, letting my head rest against his legs as his fingers wove through my hair in a rare moment of comfort from him, mindlessly watching the football game Emmett had turned on.

"Cold?" Edward asked as Bella moved her sweatshirt to wrap around herself tightly. I glanced over at Bella, a small frown on my face. 

"I got it," Jacob said, moving closer to Bella to provide his excess body heat. Bella smiled in content. "Don't do that," Jake mumbled.

"Do what?" She asked.

"Smile like I'm your favorite person in the world." My gaze flickered to Edward, his now pitch black eyes were cast down to the floor.

"It feels complete when you're here, Jake." She closed her eyes as she relaxed against him. Bella sat up suddenly, her breathing heavy as if she were about to throw up. I watched as Edward grabbed the bucket kept by the couch and held it up for her. I sighed, realizing there was nothing for her to throw up as she just dry heaved.

"We need to find some way to get some food into her system," Esme said after Bella had stopped.

"If I could only see the fetus-"

"Baby" Rosalie cut Alice off. I felt Jasper tense, his hands stilling. I lifted my head off his legs, knowing the little moment we had was over. I knew he was increasingly getting more frustrated with me and my decision to side with Bella and Rosalie, but so was I with him. Which was why I savored the small moment we had before the attention went back to Bella and her unborn child.

"Maybe I could figure out what it wants." Alice sighed, ignoring Rosalie.

"I think you might be right," Edward said looking at Jacob. "Jacob just had an idea."

Jake smirked, "It wasn't an idea. It was a snide comment."

"Did you think he's as thirsty as the rest of us?" I sarcastically huffed, frowning when Edward nodded.

"He's thirsty," Bella repeated.

"I know the feeling," Emmett said.

"If it's craving it's not going to want animal blood." Edward shook his head.

"I have some O negative set aside for Bella," Carlisle said as he left the room towards the kitchen. I, along with everyone else, shifted and tensed at the sound of the blood bag being brought out. I swallowed, feeling the constant burn in my throat intensify. 

"Walk with me," Alice said as she stood, although it sounded more like a command, and grabbed Jasper's hand. "Annabelle," I looked up at Alice. "Come on," She said gently. I nodded slowly and stood, looping my arm with Jasper's as we ran out of the house.