38: A Happy Ending

**EDITED: 5/17/17**

2 years later...

I clasped my hands together, closing my eyes tightly and tried to control my breathing. I could practically feel my hands shake as my heart beat erratically.

Today was finally the day- after delaying the wedding a year- I was going to become Annabelle Cassandra Clearwater.

I stood in Alice's room, ready to go, and waiting for Jasper to come for me. My brother was going to walk me down the aisle considering he's the only one I'd ever want to walk me besides my actual father...

Alice had managed to fly out the pack plus Seth's and Jacob's families up here to Alaska for the occasion. After arguing with Jasper, some members of the Volturi were able to fly over for the wedding too. It was only Jane, Alec, Demetri, and Felix who came but quite frankly they were the only ones that I wanted to come. We invited the Denalis and the rest of the vampires who had stood with us 3 years ago, and I was pleasantly surprised when a majority of them happily accepted the invitation.

"Anna?" I turned, my eyes locking with Jane's dark red eyes.

"Jane," I smiled lightly. "I'm glad you could make it."

Jane nodded and walked into the room, closing the door behind him. "You look beautiful." I smiled, taking the complement in sincerity.

"Thanks. You look beautiful as well." I fiddled with my mother's ring and the engagement ring Seth had given me.

"Thank you," she smiled before clearing her throat. She held out a small box, "we thought you needed something old besides your mother's ring. Old and blue."

I took the box and lifted the lid carefully. I let out a soft gasp. Inside the box was a small blue and white crystal tiara. I'd never seen anything like it.

Jane stepped toward me, taking the tiara from its case before gently placing it into my hair. "A gift from your old family." 

"Thank you. I can't begin to tell you how much this means to me," I reached forward, pulling her into a hug.

"I wish you and your wolf every happiness." Jane said genuinely. "I'll leave you to continue freaking out over your wedding."

I rolled my eyes, but watched her go. I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was left down, but curled perfectly by Alice and now looked more elegant due to the small tiara in my hair. The dress hugged my chest and torso before flowing out, the top half beaded elegantly and carefully, giving the top a sort of vintage look.

I heard a gentle knock before calling who ever was at the door to come in.

"I saw Jane come back here- do I need to do something about her ad the others?" My brother entered the room and stood next to me. His hair was combed back, reminding me of how our father used to style it.

"No. She just came with a gift." Jasper's eyes flickered up to the tiara, but didn't say anything.

"You look beautiful, darlin'." He said after a moment of silence. He put his hand on my shoulder, "Our parents would be so proud of you."

"Of us," I said softly, turning to look at my brother. "Thank you Jasper, for everything." I pulled my brother into a hug, feeling his arms wrap around me gently.

"They're ready for you," Jasper whispered. I took a deep breath and stepped away from him. "Ready?"

"Yes." I nodded and reached over to grab the bouquet. Jasper held out his arm and I looped mine through.