15: Waking Up

**EDITED: 5/16/17**

I sighed, feeling anxious as I watched Carlisle carefully. He had filled a syringe with the magical pond water, and we were going to see if injecting my system with it, like how vampire venom is injected into a human system, could reverse the venom's effect and make me human. Rosalie offered to be the test subject, but I reminded her that she was in charge of Bella's baby. 

It's been two days since Renesmee, Bella's surprisingly baby girl, was born. Everyone adored her, and wanted a turn with the half-vampire/half-human baby, who was growing as fast as she was in the womb. Jacob adored his imprint, and wouldn't let her out of his sight.

I had made the decision to test of the waters and see if they could bring back my humanity, despite Seth's assurance that I didn't have to change. I wanted to. Not just for him, but for me too. And if it worked, for Rosalie. So there I was, sitting in Carlisle's study, waiting for him to inject me with the special needle that can penetrate vampire skin to turn me into a human, hopefully. Seth squeezed my hand, he refused to have me do this alone.

"Ready?" I nodded at Carlisle.

"Let's do this," I closed my eyes, not wanting to look as I felt the needle prick my skin. I winced, feeling the water flow throughout my body, reaching my heart in the matter of seconds.

"Belle?" I felt Seth's other hand touch my shoulder. I winced again, feeling my heart start to beat again, but at a much faster pace than before. "Carlisle, is her heart suppose to be beating that fast?" My head spun, the world fading in and out. I blinked, trying to make my vision focus rather than blur together.

"Something's not right."

"Help her!"

"Annabelle!"

"Darlin'?"

"I can't see her anymore!"

"Do something!"

"Stop!" I yelled. Suddenly it was deathly silent. I gripped my head in my hands, breathing heavily. I felt myself sway, the world becoming a black void for a moment.

When I came to, the world was silent as my head still spun, my heart beating erratically in my chest. And then it dawned on me.

I was breathing.

"Annabelle?" I felt a warm pair of hands rest on my shoulders again. I tried to steady my breath, feeling my heart beating incredibly fast in my chest.

I slowly opened my eyes, my gaze immediately locked onto a pair of deep chocolate brown eyes.

"Seth," I whispered, smiling. His arms wrapped around me tightly, and I sighed, relaxing into his embrace and buried my face into his neck. He pulled away, putting his hands on my cheeks.

"You okay?" I nodded. "You passed out for a while."

"I think so... Did it work?"

"We aren't sure," I looked up, startled by Carlisle's voice. I felt my face warm up, realizing that almost everyone was in the study now.

"What do you mean?" I asked, letting Seth help me stand up.

"You're not completely human," Edward said bluntly. I frowned.

"Then what am I?"

"I think you may be like Renesmee, half vampire and half human." Carlisle explained gently.

"So it didn't work," I said simply. "We have to try again."

"No!" I looked over at Jasper, not surprised by his outburst. "You're human enough. Just let it go."