24:Memories

**EDITED: 5/17/17**

"This will be your room," Jane said motioning towards the large oak door. "Mine is down the hall if you need me. But if you value your sanity, don't bother me." With that last comment, Jane disappeared down the hallway.

I sighed, pushing the door open and took in my room. I wasn't surprised by how big it was, the castle was huge so it would make sense that the rooms were proportional to it. The color scheme was black, making the room seem more gloomy than if there was more color. It didn't help that the black curtains were pulled over the one big window in the room.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes. The action used to mean that I was tired, but I was a vampire now. I couldn't be physically tired. Now I was just mentally tired, and that was worse.

I walked over to the black dresser in the corner, surprising myself by how fast I walked.

I guess I still need to get used to this whole super speed/super strength that comes with being a vampire...

I pulled open a few drawers, and surprise surprise: all the clothing in there was black.

Demetri and Felix, the two vampires who found me in the forest, took me straight to Volterra, where I was now, and handed me off to Jane who then told me to get dressed. Their leader wanted to meet me, and I wasn't presentable. Figures, they don't want someone meeting their leader in a torn up dress and covered in dried blood and dirt.

I pulled out a black dress from the closet, leaving the dresser after grabbing undergarments, quickly found the bathroom, and decided to wash up. I quickly learned that it didn't matter what temperature I had the bath, it didn't make a difference to my vampire skin.

I walked out of the bathroom, towel drying my hair, and sat on the bed. My now blood red eyes wandered over to the curtain. I wonder what would happen....

Eventually curiosity got the better of me. The towel now lay abandoned on the black bedspread and I slowly made my way to the curtain. My hand touched the velvety fabric, hesitating before pulling it back, a beam of sunlight shot through the gap. I stared at it for a moment.

Nothing happened.

I took my other hand, moving as slowly as I could, and put a finger into the sunlight. I frowned, my finger seemed to sparkle. I shook my head, not seeing the danger and pulled the curtain back completely.

I gaped when the room filled with sparkle reflections, briefly wondering where they came from when I remembered my finger. I looked down at my body, snorting when my exposed skin sparkled in the sunlight.

"You've got to be kidding me..."

"Trust me," I jumped, turning quickly on me heel to the door. Jane stood at the doorway, her arms crossed and a ghost of a smile on her lips. Her porcelain skin sparkled from the sunlight. "I wish we didn't do that." 

"Is that why the curtains were closed?" I asked quietly, clasping my hands in front of my body out of nervous habit.

"That is one of the reasons,"  she nodded. 

"I don't mean to be rude, but was there a reason for comin' into my room? I thought you didn't want to be bothered."

"Of course. I'm here to fetch you, if you feel presentable enough, that is."

"I am." I walked towards her. "Let's go then." I followed Jane down the spiraling hallway, wondering how long she must have been here for to know the castle like the back of her hand.