31: I'm Not

**EDITED: 5/17/17**

My head felt like it was going to explode. Flashes of different scenes, both from my dreams and scenes that felt so familiar I was sure they were memories. But they rushed through my head so fast that it made me dizzy, and I felt like I couldn't distinguish between reality and my imagination.

"My head hurts," I whimpered feeling my knees give out. I fell against Seth, feeling his warm arms wrap around me. He was the only thing that I was sure was real. He was the only thing stationary in my head. He was my rock. I knew in my heart that Seth was special to me, but I've forgotten. I'm not sure how, and I'm not sure who exactly Seth is, or who I am for that matter.

But I am going to figure it out.

"Belle?!" I opened my eyes, squinting up at Seth. His warm, brown eyes were filled with concern making my heart stutter. Even though I was sure I had seen Seth many many many times before, he took my breath away. I never thought someone could be so perfect, yet here he was. Not to mention how that kiss made me feel, like a swarm of butterflies was released in my stomach and fireworks went off.

"Seth," I mumbled, feeling myself drift in and out of consciousness. I wish that my mind would relax, but it was going into overdrive. When I opened my eyes again, my head was getting clearer. Nothing made sense yet, but it was bearable. I noticed the sun was starting to go down, night following it. "I have to go home. Before my mother gets back."

But was it my home? Was she actually my mother? But the small cottage was the only home I knew. The flashes going on in my mind... I don't know if they're real or just my imagination or memories.... the cottage is the only thing I can go back to now.

"Your mother?" Seth scoffed, throwing me off guard. The scoff sounded so out of place coming from him, especially with the disgust seeping through his words. "She's not your mother, Belle. She's a witch who took you away from me, your family, and yourself!"

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Seth, she's the only family I remember. If what you say is true and I do have a family besides her, then I still don't remember them. Everything is jumbled in my head and I just need to think everything through!"

"What's there to think through? That woman you call your 'mother' is a fake and a witch!"

"Seth, I have to go." I whispered, feeling any energy I had left drain out of my body. Seth's arm shot out and his hand gripped my arm.

"No. I lost you once and I'm not going to let it happen again!"

"Seth, you're hurting me!" I shouted, feeling his grip soften immediately. I pulled my arm out of his grip and took a step back, ignoring the hurt look on his face. "I'm sorry." I turned and walked back the way I came. Just as I was about to pass through the magical wall, I felt Seth tackle me, wrapping his arms around me. His tackle caused me to lose my balance, and we both tumbled to the ground. The now familiar tingle of passing through the wall sent a shiver through my body. I felt Seth's warm arms firmly wrapped around my waist, helping me stand up. A pit formed in my stomach, and a bad feeling overwhelmed my emotions.

"Are you okay?" Seth asked, placing his warm hands on my cheeks as soon as I was standing straight. His brown eyes bore deep into my green eyes, and for a moment I thought we were going to be okay. But I had to keep reality in mind. I had to get him to leave before I went home. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that I can't let mother know about Seth.

"I'm sorry, but you have to go," I whispered. Seth sighed and leaned his forehead against mine. The sudden closeness made my heart flutter and I closed my eyes, trying to engrave the feeling of him so close to me, the way he made me feel, into my memory. "Please, you have to. She can't find you here."

"I'm not leaving you." His voice was determined, more determined than anything I've heard in a long time. I sighed and brought my hands to hold onto his arms, feeling the need to touch him and make sure that he was real. That when he left, he would come back.

A moment later I felt his lips brush against mine. I surprised myself when I didn't hesitate to kiss him back, my head spun and felt fuzzy, but it didn't matter. All that mattered was Seth.

"Well, well. What do we have here?"

I jumped away from Seth, turning to the sound of the voice. My instincts screamed at me to get Seth away, but I didn't understand. Sure, I wasn't supposed to leave, but that didn't mean Seth would get hurt, right?"

"Mother," I breathed. My mother stood with her hands on her hips, dressed in full costume. Her brown eyes burned with hatred as she stared behind me, her hair wild and full of twigs and leaves. For the first time, I felt scared of my mother. I stood in front of Seth protectively, the fuzziness in my head still there.

"I thought I told you to stay at home." Her gaze turned to me, still hard but not full of hatred like when she stared at Seth. "And here I find you with a boy who would do nothing but use you for his own pleasure."

"He would never!" I snapped without a moment of hesitation. My mother looked shocked for a moment, but it was wiped clean off her face.

"I told you, child. The outside world is cruel and would do nothing but to destroy someone as precious as you."

"The only one who's cruel is you," Seth spat, moving to stand in front of me. I put my hand on his bicep and stood next to him. "You took her from her family, her home."

"Those vampires didn't deserve her!" My mother snapped.

"So you did?" I asked quietly, staring at my mother--no she's not my mother. She's a woman who took me from my home. Seth was right. 100% correct. "You kidnapped me. And did something so I wouldn't remember my real family!"

"Kimi--"

"That's not my name!" I yelled, feeling tears prick at my eyes. "It's not my name." It seemed like everything slowed down. The fuzziness in my head disappeared and everything was clear. I had a full puzzle, not just bits and pieces. I remembered. "My name is Annabelle Whitlock, and I am not your daughter."