19: Training

**EDITED: 5/16/17**

The next morning, we discussed a battle plan, just in case. Being the only one who was recently with the Volturi, it was up to me to make the battle plans. The role saddened me slightly, because I knew that if Jasper had stayed, he'd be right next to me, making my strategies way better than I could do by myself.

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. He'll send Alec and Jane to take you out first, Edward, since you can anticipate their moves. Most likely at the same time, he'll try and take me out as well, since I could stop them with one command."

"Too bad we don't all have your shield," Garrett said to Bella from where he stood next to Kate.

"It doesn't help me fight though," she shrugged.

"But you help the rest of us, if you can project it." Tanya said.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean shield someone other than yourself."

"Is that possible?"

"Your gift can be developed," Carlisle said. "Over time."

"At first mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body." Kate added.

"How do you do it?" Bella asked eagerly. Kate sighed and Bella gripped her hand. "Tell me."

"Ow," Kate said, more annoyed than in pain. Bella smiled sheepishly and let go of Kate's hand. "Why don't we take this outside," Kate suggested and disappeared in a flash. Bella, Edward, Garrett, Emmett and I followed. We stood in the forest, in a circle. Kate stood in front of Bella, ready to try and help her.

"Feel how it moves," Kate instructed. "What color it is." Bella closed her eyes, concentrating. "Picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you." Bella huffed after a moment and shrugged, showing us that she couldn't do it. "I think she needs something to motivate her." Kate glanced between Edward and I. Edward stepped up, taking his hands out of his pockets and faced Kate. I was about to step up with him when Emmett grabbed my shoulder, keeping me in place.

"No," Bella protested.

"It's alright, Bella. I can take it," Edward said and rubbed his hands nervously.

"You better focus Bella, or he'll be hurting." Emmett taunted. I shot a glare at him and shook my head when Bella turned her gaze towards me, a pleading look on her face.

"Edward, I'm not ready to do this!" She said, stepping towards him and Kate as Kate reached for his hands.

"You just need to concentrate, Bella. I'll stop her if she goes too far," I assured her. Kate touched Edwards hand, causing him to fall to his knees in pain as she shocked him, causing a buzzing noise around their hands. Kate released Edward's hand and he looked up at Bella.

"I'm sorry, I said I wasn't ready!" Bella frowned.

"Dude, you're not motivating her enough." Emmett scolded. I hit his shoulder and glared at him.

"You want to try?" Edward snapped back. Emmett held his hands up in surrender and I took the chance to step away from him. Bella tried again and Kate grabbed Edward's neck, shocking him again.

"Kate," Bella warned.

"You seem to lack incentive, shall I go see if Renesmee's awake?"

"Are you crazy?" Bella took a step towards her.

"Alright, this one's on full power." Kate held out her hand.

"No, wait." I moved to stand in front of Kate. "I'll do it. I'm not Renesmee, but I'm like her. Shock me instead."

"No, you can't you're part human." Edward protested, "You'll actually get hurt!"

"I can handle Jane, I think I can handle a little electricity." I shook my head and locked gazes with Kate.

"Are you sure?" She asked and I nodded.

"Annabelle, you can't!" Bella put her hand on me, and I gently shook it off. "I don't want you to get hurt!" I ignored her and held my hand out for Kate to take, taking a deep breath to prepare myself for the shock.

"Then use your shield," I turned to look at her. "Use it and protect me." I said calmly. Bella closed her eyes, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. I held out my hand for Kate, my heart beating fast in my chest. I frowned slightly when her hand touched mine, the sound of electricity flowed in my ears, but I only felt like I was getting shocked from static electricity. Short and almost painless. Kate pulled her hand away and I turned to Bella, whose eyes were now looking at me, as if searching for any sign of injury.

"It's slightly painful, but bearable." I smiled, "You're improving." Bella smiled pridefully and looked around at Edward, Emmett and Garrett who all wore similar smirks of approval.

"Okay, we should go again." She nodded her head. I turned around.

"Emmett, you want to try?" I asked, feigning innocence. Emmett took a step back and shook his head.

"No thanks, Belle. I'm good." I laughed and shook my head at him.

"You're such a baby."

We practiced for a few more hours, and Bella had improved greatly. I couldn't feel anything when Kate touched me, beside her cold skin.

"Try and expand it now," Kate instructed, nodding to Edward who stood beside me. Bella nodded and Edward and I held out our hands for Kate to take. I held my breath, waiting in anticipation for what would hopefully be a success, Kate was using her ability to it's fullest, so if Bella failed we'd get a shocking experience.
"Annabelle!" My gaze snapped away from Kate at the same time that her hand touched mine. Apparently the shout had distracted Bella because in a second, Edward and I were both on the ground. Kate's electric shock tore through my body, setting a fire inside. I gasped, trying to catch my breath when it stopped. I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling my heart beat rapidly. Everything was muffled except my erratic breathing and my pounding heart. I could vaguely make out someone talking, but it was like I was underwater.

I was pulled out from my submerged mind when a pair of warm, soft hands touched my shoulders. My breathing steadied, and my heart beat slowly went back to normal. I heard my name being called and quickly recognized the voice as the same one that had shouted earlier. The same voice I hadn't heard in almost a week.

Seth

I slowly opened my eyes, my gaze immediately falling on the ground. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, I was looking straight into the chocolate orbs I had silently yearned for. My heart stuttered slightly as I stared into his eyes. I wanted to be angry at him for leaving me, but I could find a single cell in my body that was upset at him.

"You okay?" He asked, his voice low as if his words were only for me to hear. Instead of replying I just threw my arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight hug. I buried my face in his neck when I felt his arms wrap around my torso, smelling his scent, the faint smell of woods and rain. I pulled away after a moment, noticed everyone else had left. I looked at him for a moment before hitting him in the arm.

"That's for making me think you hated me." I frowned before sighing, my face softened and I pulled him in for a kiss, our lips melting together. I pulled away before he could respond and I smiled at the slightly disoriented look on his face. "That's for everything else."