35: Pest Control

**EDITED: 5/17/17**

I could barely sleep.

My mind was racing with different scenarios of what could happen tomorrow. It was like every time I tried to fall asleep, my mind came up with a thousand ways someone could die. It only reaffirmed my decision to meet Jane and the others alone- I can't risk any of the Cullens dying because of me.

"Make sure you don't go anywhere without someone else." Seth took hold of my hand. Today he was going back to the reservation to help out Sue with a couple things, and while he wanted me to go with him, I told him that I was going to stay home with Jasper. Jasper, of course, thought I was going with Seth.

"I know," I rolled my eyes. Once this was over I was going to revel in the fact that I won't need a babysitter 24/7. "I'll see you later." I leaned up and pressed my lips to his, trying to memorize the way he made me feel. They way my heart raced when I'm around him. The way that I feel completely at ease with him-like I don't have to hide anything from him and the feeling of complete security. Thinking about the possibility that I might not come back from dealing with the witch... I was scared to leave Seth and my brother and the new family I made here. I had to come back.

"Why did that feel like a goodbye kiss," Seth mumbled when he pulled away. His eyes were sad, as if he knew what I was about to do.

"It's not," I said firmly. "It's an 'I'll see you later' kiss." Seth nodded slowly and kissed me again.

"I'll see you later." I watched from my spot on the porch as he disappeared into the woods, waiting ten seconds before running to the opposite direction- toward the clearing.

The trees turned into green blurs as I ran, my hair blowing behind me. I slowed when I reached the clearing, finally stopping in the middle.

My heart beat quickly as my eyes fluttered around the clearing, looking for any sign that they were here.

"Looking for someone?" My head whipped to the side at the monotone, yet sarcastic voice. A small smile found its way onto my face as I locked eyes with the scarlet eyes of my old friend.

"Jane," I moved closer to her. "I can't thank you enough for coming." I wrapped my arms around her, willing to let bygones be bygones- assuming it's the same with her since she came. Jane returned the gesture, her arms wrapping around me hesitantly as if worried I was going to break in her grip. "Where are the others?"

"Don't worry, we're here." Felix, Demetri and Alec appeared behind Jane. "Hello, Anna." We didn't hug, simply nodding at each other in acknowledgement.

"Let's not waste any time." Jane said, "Take us to her." I wasted no time and lead them through the forest until the surroundings became familiar to me.

"There's a magical barrier around here. As far as I know, you can only enter it if you hold onto me." I thought back to when Seth first found me- how he chased after me but I ran from him and he wasn't able to get in. Then when he grabbed onto me and we both went in.

"What are we waiting for then?" Alec sighed as if the whole thing was boring. I swear, one of these days I'm going to wipe the smug look off his face...

"Nothing," I said tensely. "Let's go." I held my hands out, one to Jane and one to the boys. Jane took my hand immediately, but the boys hesitated. After sharing a look, Alec took my hand and linked arms with the other boys. 

The familiar feeling of walking through the magic wall passed over us- the shimmering that once felt magical now made me feel sick to my stomach.

We were silent as I let go of Jane and Alec's hands. We were silent as I lead them through the forest to the small cottage. We all knew that there was a chance that Lucy wasn't even staying at the cottage anymore- but it was the only chance we had.