32: Lost and Found

**EDITED: 5/17/17**

My heart was racing as I stared at the woman who kept me captive for months, my mind racing and was on high alert in case she tried something. I felt Seth grab my hand.

"We're done here," he said calmly. "If you so much as think about taking Belle again, you'll find yourself 6 feet under." He turned and led me back the way we came. We had walked a few steps before we heard her cackle behind us. Seth's grip on my hand tightened as we looked over our shoulders at her.

"We are far from done, wolf." She grinned wickedly, sending a shiver down my spine. I pushed Seth away from her as he started to growl, wanting to get through the magical barrier so we could at least have a chance of getting help. I dragged him away as quickly as I could, Lucy's cackle ringing in my ears. I felt the familiar tingle of the magical wall passing through us, but I didn't dare look back.

I wasn't looking for a fight. I just wanted to go home, go to my real home.

"Belle, we're not going to let that witch get away with this!" Seth tugged on my hand, causing me to stop.

"Do you think we can honestly stop her with just the two of us? She has magic, Seth! And my powers don't even work on her! We need everyone else. We need the advantage in numbers!" I glanced behind us and turned back to Seth. "Please, listen to me." Seth stared at me, his brown eyes clashing with my hazel eyes. I could see the anger in his eyes, but worry lingered near the edges. "I just want to go home," I said quietly.

"Fine," he muttered and grabbed my hand, dragging me away and into the woods.

It was quiet. I didn't know if I should feel relieved or paranoid. Was Lucy... that witch, really going to just let us go and fight another day? As much as I wanted to let Seth get rid of her, I couldn't risk his life. Not when I know what she's capable of. But at the same time, would we really be able to enjoy me being back if we had to watch our backs incase Lucy were to try and attack or kidnap me again? I didn't know what to feel.

I felt Seth's hand let go of mine, causing a flash of panic strike through me. My head whipped up to look at him. I frowned at the small scowl on his lips, confused.

"Seth?" I took a step towards him, and put my hand on his shoulder. "What is it?"

"Do you really think she'll leave you alone? Are you really that naive?"

"Of course I don't--"

"Then why are we running away? You're letting her win by giving her another chance to take you! Why--"

"Because I can't let her hurt you!" I yelled, feeling tears form. "If we tried to fight her... she'll kill you. She's obsessed, Seth. I could never live with myself if anything happened to you. I can't loose you."

"She already hurt me." Seth stepped forward and placed his hands on my shoulders. "Having you be taken from me was the worst thing I have ever experienced. Not knowing whether you were alive or dead. Not knowing when- if- I'd ever see you again. Even now, I don't know whether to be relieved or paranoid. I'm terrified that this is all a dream and I'll wake up and you'll still be gone." Seth's gaze pierced into my own as my heart broke, falling into pieces. The look on his face made me realize just how much he was affected by my kidnapping. It also fueled my hate for Lucy.

I reached up and placed my hands over his. "Seth... I had no idea..."

"Of course you didn't," he said softly. "My feelings are my problem, and I would never want to burden you with them."

"How can you say that? Seth, we should be able to tell each other how we feel, what we think... we carry our burdens together, as a team. You can't expect to carry the whole world on your shoulders and not let me help you any. We're in this together." I moved my hand and placed it on his cheek, my thumb rubbing small circles into it. I felt a little guilty telling him that, knowing everything I was hiding from him about my past.

Seth's lips gently captured mine, and I happily returned the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me.

Seth pulled away too soon, and rested his forehead against mine. "We should get you back to the Cullens." I nodded silently.

We walked through the woods silently, hand in hand, until we reached the house-my home.

I was mildly surprised when Renesmee was the first to run out of the house. "Auntie Belle!" She yelled, throwing herself into my arms. I laughed, hugging her close to me.

"Hello, darlin'. I've missed you," Ness pulled away, her eyes filled with tears but a huge smile was plastered on her face.

"I missed you too, Auntie Bell. Please don't leave us again." I pulled her into another hug, my heart breaking a little from her words.

"I'm never going to leave, I promise."

"Belle!" I let go of Nessie, only to be crushed in a cold pair of arms. I laughed, wrapping my arms around Bella, who then passed me to Edward. Carlisle and Esme also greeted me, hugging me until I couldn't breathe.

"Where's Jasper?" I asked, eager to see my brother again.

"He should be here any moment," Edward said. "He, Alice, Rosalie, and Emmett went the farthest to try and find you." I nodded. Seth put his hand on my back and I leaned against him, listening to Renesmee tell me about how she, Edward, and Bella went all the way to Canada before they had to come back. I was touched by the extensive search that was conducted to try and find me, only reinforcing the fact that I had a true family now- one that cared for me as much as I cared for them. I couldn't let anything happen to them. That's why we need to stop Lucy before she strikes. I'm only afraid that we can't do it by ourselves. The thought of us losing to her made me wonder if my old 'family' still cared enough to help....

"Annabelle." I was snapped out of my thoughts when my named was called by a familiar southern drawl similar to my own. Green l connected with topaz, and I felt my eyes water.

"Jasper," my voice was thick with emotion as I ran out of Seth's arms and into my brother's.

Jasper held me tightly, almost squeezing me too tight. I sighed in content and buried my face into the crook of his neck, allowing him to hold me.

It was weird reuniting with everyone, honestly. For me, it was like I was gone for only a few hours. I didn't remember them when I was held captive, so there wasn't anyone to miss. But they knew- they suffered the heartache and panic of losing someone. Jasper thought he lost me again, and Seth had lost me for the first time.

"I'm so glad you're safe," Jasper whispered. I smiled lightly, keeping my face hidden from him. I knew Edward was going to hear the plan as it formed into my head, and Alice has probably already seen what I was planning to do the moment I made the decision. But I didn't care.

I was going to call them for help.

Not because I wanted to see any of them, or had any intention of interacting with them openly after this.

But because I had to protect my family.