11: Returning to "Normal"

**EDITED: 5/15/17**

"Belle." I felt a warm hand shake my shoulder gently. I groaned and buried my face deeper into the soft surface I was laying on. "Belle, it's time to wake up."

"Five more minutes, Jazz." I mumbled, turning over to lay on my stomach.

"It's Seth." My eyes flew open. I sat up slowly, frowning at the unfamiliar room. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, remembering that Emily had let me use their guest room for the night. I looked down at the oversized t-shirt and shorts that I was wearing. The t-shirt was Seth's and the shorts were borrowed from Emily.

"What time is it?" I looked up at Seth, frowning when his eyes widened as he stared at me in shock. "What?" I touched my face, wiping non-existent drool from the corner of my mouth.

"Y-your eyes." I frowned at his stutter. "They're red." My eyes widened as I quickly stood and rushed to the mirror in a second. I stared at my reflection. Seth was right, my green eyes were replaced with faded red irises, dull from not hunting in a while.

I closed my eyes in frustration. "I have to go," I muttered, opening them to make my way towards the window. I felt Seth's warm hand grab my wrist.

"Let me take you, it's faster."

I laughed, "no offense, but I'm pretty sure that I'm faster than you."

"Wanna race then?" I smirked, looking back at Seth. My smirk fell when I noticed that Seth refused to look me in the eye.

"No thanks," I opened the window, turning my body away from him to avoid him seeing any indication of hurt on my face. "I'll see you later." I jumped out of the window, landing gracefully on my feet. I paused, hearing Emily's heartbeat from inside the house before taking off into the woods, the trees blurring as I ran impossibly fast past them.

After running for a few moments I felt a warm body crash into mine, sending me tumbling towards the ground. I grunted, rolling over and standing on my feet gracefully.

"What are you doing?" I asked, standing and crossing my arms.

"I just thought you'd want your clothes back," My eyes widened as Seth held my dress in his hands. My gaze flew down to what I was wearing. I sighed and closed my eyes when I realized I was still wearing Seth's shirt and one of Emily's shorts.

"So you ran all the way here to give me back my dress?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Is that a problem?" Seth asked quietly. I frowned, forcing myself not to cave into his puppy dog look.

"It is when you won't even look me in the eye anymore," I snapped. "I'm a vampire, Seth. Despite what happened yesterday, at the end of the day I'm not human. We're natural enemies," I sighed, "the sooner you accept it, the sooner you can stop being so nice to me." I turned and started to walk away.

"I don't care that you're a vampire," I heard his feet crunch as he walked on dead leaves as he followed me.

"Then why won't you look me in the eye?" I asked quietly.

Seth was quiet, and I looked over my shoulder at him. I sighed when his gaze stayed on the ground. "I'll see you later Seth," I said sadly and took off running. I felt my eyes sting, but no tears came out, the awful ache of wanting to cry settled in my chest. I was done being human; I was all vampire now. I sighed in relief when I saw the Cullen's house and slowed down, walking up the steps. I rose my hand to knock, freezing when someone opened the door. I scowled and moved past the person.

"I'm not in the mood, Edward." I said when I heard him following me. His hand grabbed my wrist, forcing me to stop as he turned me around to look at him.

"I'd like to apologize for the way I acted towards you, Annabelle." I frowned.

"Don't apologize if you don't mean it," I snapped, intending to turn away when his grip tightened, causing me to stop.

"I do mean it," he sighed. "I'm truly sorry for the way I acted and for misjudging you." I sighed, realizing that he was sincere.

"It's fine, Edward. But next time you insult me, or my brother, I won't hesitate to hurt you."

"I wouldn't think anything less," I smiled and he released me. "Although I do have one question."

"Yes?"

"Why are you wearing a shirt that smells like one of the dogs?"

I froze. "That's a great question," I patted his shoulder. "That will be answered as soon as I get rid of said shirt so a certain overprotective brother of mine doesn't murder me."

Edward chuckled, "Jasper's out hunting with Alice. I'd hurry up, they'll be home soon." I nodded, thanking him as I ran up to the guest room. I frowned, noticing an outfit on the bed and a note from Alice.

I quickly read the note, and took the pile of clothes into the bathroom. I turned on the shower, watching as steam rose and filled the room, fogging up the mirror. After I showered, I slipped on the clothes Alice left me. It took me a second to adjust to being dressed in light clothes, rather than dark. Alice had put me in light jeans and a baby blue long sleeved shirt. I walked out of the room, slowly making my way down to the living room, noticing that it was empty.

I sighed, walking over to the bookshelf and silently surveyed the books.

"I see you're back from the dog pen," I turned, smiling at my brother as he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed.

"I guess I'm not that much of a dog person." I shrugged.

"Come on, I'll show you how to hunt." He nodded his head towards the window.

"I already know how to hunt, Jazz." I rolled my eyes, but glad that he changed the subject. "Besides, I'm fine for now."

"I'm sure you are, but the sooner we get rid of your red eyes the sooner everyone else will get used to you."

"It's not my fault if they're prejudice because of my forced living style." I scoffed and crossed my arms. "But fine, let's go."

"Once we finish, Alice wants your help planning Edward and Bella's wedding." Jasper said as we walked out of the house.

I groaned, "do I have to?"

"Yes."