20: War Stories

**EDITED: 5/17/17**

I woke up the next morning unexpectedly, torn out of the first night of peaceful sleeping. My eyes fluttered, frowning when I saw Bella in front of me, her hand on my shoulder as she shook me awake.

"What's wrong?" I asked, rubbing my eyes as I sat up. I felt the bed shift, and I turned my gaze to the boy laying on the other half of the bed, soft snores coming from the sleeping form. I smiled gently at Seth before turning back to face Bella.

"Come with us to Charlie's?" I frowned at her for a moment. "Just so you can be there to stop me incase something happens." I looked into her topaz eyes for a moment before nodding.

"Just let me get dressed." Bella nodded and disappeared out of the room. I sat for a moment before flinging the blanket off of me and darted around the room, throwing on a purple sweater and jeans while trying to brush my hair at the same time.

"What are you doing in such a hurry?" I turned in mid-comb, and faced Seth. He had sat up, his hair unruly and stick up in different places, his voice was husky from waking up. I pulled the brush through my hair and walked over to Seth, sitting back on the bed.

"I'm going to Charlie's with Bella and Ness." I put my hand on his shoulder. "Come with?" Seth put his hand on my cheek, pulling me in for a quick kiss and collapsed back onto the bed when he pulled away. I laughed at him and stood from the bed, putting on my jacket and waited as he rolled out of the bed (literally) and put on his clothes. We ran down the stairs and went inside the car, where Bella, Ness and Jacob were waiting.

"Auntie Belle!" Renesmee grinned, climbing over me to sit in the middle and laid her head on my shoulder. I laughed and put my arm around her. "Seth!"

"Mornin' darlin'." I smiled. I bid Bella and Jacob good-morning too, but I could tell that Jacob noticed Bella's odd behavior too. I played chopsticks with Nessie as Bella began driving towards Charlie's house.

"I'm surprised you took a break from Jedi training." Jacob said after a moment.

"If I don't take Renesmee to my dad, he'll come to us." Bella shrugged. "27 vampires, one human. Not such a great idea."

"I know that's what you told Edward," he said quietly. I glanced away from Ness and looked up at Bella's reaction. I frowned when she said nothing, not denying nor agreeing. "Whatever. I'm just glad to get away from all those reeking blood-suckers."

"Jake," I warned, seeing the look Bella was giving him. Jacob chuckled.

"I'm sorry," He sounded genuinely not sorry. "I know. They're the 'good guys'. But come on, Dracula 1 and 2 are...."

"Creepy beyond belief?" I supplied. I shared a smirk with Seth and Jacob, who then looked at Bella. We all started to laugh. It died down as Bella pulled into Charlie's driveway. Bella parked the car and Renesmee ran out to Charlie as he came out, Sue behind him. I climbed out of the car, closing the door as I watched Charlie lift up Renesmee.

"Wow, look at you! You grew like half a foot since I last saw you." Renesmee nodded shyly. "Seriously, like 6 inches." I laughed to myself. I felt Seth stand beside me and leaned against him gently.

"Come on, lunch is on the table." Sue nodded towards the house. I noticed how she put her arm around Charlie's waist as he put his around her shoulder. 

"And we've got a tree to decorate." Charlie said, patting Nessie's shoulder as she nodded excitedly.

"I actually have to run a few errands, guys. I'll be back soon, okay?" Bella said and went back inside the car. I shared a glance with Jacob and Seth as we all started to make our way towards Charlie's house. Ness, Jake and Charlie went in first, and Seth held me back a bit. I quickly realized why he did when I saw his mom lingering behind as well.