02: Be Our Guest

**EDITED: 5/15/17**

It's been 141 years since I was brought to the Volturi and made a part of the guard. Aro, one of the three leaders of the Volturi, insisted that I stayed with them and since I had nowhere else to go and Aro hinted at ending my existence if I didn't, I did. It wasn't that bad living with them, Demetri turned out to be a great friend. Demetri was a sarcastic ass sometimes, but he reminded me of Jasper when we wander the castle and cause mischief. He tries to get me to play hide and seek with him, but I never do because of his enhanced tracking abilities. He's a cheater when it comes to hide and seek.

Felix turned out to have a huge stick up his ass. I tried to get him to open up to me, but the only way I know that he doesn't hate me is when he uses his height advantage against me. He avoids me, but I didn't mind. He and Alec were on the same page when it came to me. Neither wanting to be alone in the same room as me.

I met Jane, Alec's twin sister, the first day I came, and I thought she was a sadistic bitch when I met her. But after getting to know her we became close friends, since she's the only girl I talk to on the guard. She's one of Aro's favorites because her power makes you feel like you're being tortured; like the Cruciatus Curse from Harry Potter. She was jealous when Aro started to show favoritism towards me when I came because of my gift of compulsion, but eventually outgrew it when I insisted I had no interested in becoming the leader of the guard. She took me under her wing, inflicting her cruel nature on me. I was no longer an innocent human, over 100 years will wear on one's heart and sympathy went out the window in order to adjust to the Volturi lifestyle.

"Annabelle," I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up from the book I've been staring at. Demetri was standing at the doorway; his posture tense and alert making me stand up immediately. "Aro wants everyone on the guard in the throne room."

"Is it dinner time already?" I smirked and followed Demetri down from to the throne room.

"No, we are on duty. A vampire came earlier and asked Aro to kill him but Aro refused because apparently the guy has a gift that's worthy of being part of the guard. The vampire refused and threatened to reveal our existence. Aro wants you there with Felix, Jane, Alec and I," He gave me a pointed look. Oh, I see now. Aro wants me there to control the vampire before he does something stupid. I sighed and nodded. "Although, Heidi will bring dinner after as long as the vampire stays in line." Demetri smirked and I rolled my eyes. Demetri liked to flirt with Heidi to try to have her save an extra human for him. I've only seen it work once and Demetri disappeared for a couple weeks; no one knows what happened to him but I suspect Heidi saved something else for Demetri.

We made our way to the throne room in silence. Aro, Marcus, and Caius were sitting on their thrones and I picked out Jane from the crowed of the other members of the guard quickly, her blonde hair pulled into a tight bun and her head held high, giving her a regal look. I felt sloppy next to her, my hair hanging loosely around my shoulders. Aro nodded at me and I took my spot next to Jane, my back straight and hands locked together. I could feel the tension in the room as we all waited in anticipation. I had a feeling that Aro knew when to act; he was just biding his time.

"Jane," Aro's voice pierced through the silence. "Go fetch our guest," he ordered. Jane nodded and quickly left. I wanted to go with Jane, anxious to be able to do something rather than wait on the sidelines. After waiting for a few minutes Aro sent Alec to go assist Jane, leaving me and Demetri alone with Aro, Caius, and Marcus.

The doors opened and I tensed, smelling the sweet scent of blood. My throat burned and I tensed, controlling myself from attacking. I watched as Alec and Jane enter with a man with copper colored hair, his arm wrapped around a plain looking human with brown hair, and a small pixie like girl with short black hair. The two vampires had strange gold eyes, sparking curiosity in me. Aro told them that he will see them at midnight and sent them to a room to wait, with Felix guarding them. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at Aro's theatrics, knowing he loved to be dramatic when given the chance. The pixie girl glanced at me and grinned to herself causing me to frown. I shook my head, thinking there was a screw loose since normally you don't grin when you're about to face a life or death situation. I heard the copper haired man chuckle as they were led out of the room and huffed. They probably had a stupid inside joke or something like that.

I watched as the rest of the guard come in when the 'guests' left, followed by Heidi and dinner. After we had all eaten, regrettably on my part I never did care for the way we fed but I had no other choice, Aro sent the rest of the guard back to what they were doing before.

"Annabelle, I want you to be on high alert with these people. The vampires are Edward and Alice Cullen, the human is Bella." I nodded, understanding that he wanted me to have their names so I could control them directly instead of using a general command that could control everyone. I heard footsteps approach the room and the nervous heartbeat of the human, Bella. I felt anticipation grow inside me and I pulled my hood of the black cloak over my head and clasped my hands together in front of me. Finally, the doors opened and they walked in.

Time to welcome the guests.