2.

TW//Mentions of death\\TW

Sapnap's POV:

"We can look, but that's it.." Dream responded.

I could feel my eyes shining brighter than the stars, excitement and hope seeming to fill up my body.

"Really? Dream, that's amazing! I'm proud of you for even agreeing." I smile at my dear friend, patting his back. This was huge for me, he would refuse to even glance at the ocean for most of his life.

Dream's POV:

I smiled weakly at what Sapnap had said to me, trying to not let the fear and sorrow in my heart be shown to him.

"So, when do you wanna go?" Sapnap asked, and I do believe he saw how I was feeling. How could I hide from him? I've known him for my whole life.

"This afternoon, I wanna get it done as soon as possible." I answered, looking at Sapnap who seemed to understand.

"That sounds good, i'll meet you at the pier? That old metal one, I mean." He told me where he wanted to meet, i'm not sure why he wanted to meet there specifically. Was is because no one was ever there?

The spot he wanted to meet was a really long pier. It was really old and rusted, so i'm sure he wanted to go for the aesthetic of it. However, if you were to get to the end of it, it would be hundreds of feet of water underneath. A bottomless void, it seemed.

"Yeah, sure. Does five sound good?" It had taken me a while to respond to Sapnap, since I was kind of lost in my own thoughts.

He looked at me and nodded. "Yeah, it does. I'll see you then!" He smiled, and got up, heading to the ladder of the clubhouse.

Once Sapnap was gone, I lied down on the couch that I had been sitting on and closed my tired eyes, trying to sleep until I had to leave. I was scared, I had never even thought about going to the ocean again.

After what felt like less than twenty seconds, I fell asleep, going into my thoughts.

I woke up, immediately getting out of my bed, and grabbing my packed bag. I ran downstairs forgetting to brush my teeth, and headed to the living room to talk to my mom. "Mommy!" I had the biggest smile on my face, I couldn't be anymore excited for this trip.

"Yes, dear?" She looked at me, her face lighting up once she saw mine.

"When are we leaving? How long is it going to me in the car? Do I really have to wear my car seat? When am I gonna see Sapnap?" I filled the room and both of our heads with questions, I couldn't help myself.

My mother let out a giggle, trying to calm down my curiosity with answers. "Dream, honey. We're leaving in," she checked her watch. "About thirty minutes. The car ride is going to be at least two hours, so if you have to use the potty, please go before we leave. Yes, you have to wear your car seat, and so does Sapnap. Speaking of, he's gonna be here in about twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes?" I questioned, huffing. "I'm gonna die before he gets here, that's forever!" A pout spread on my small face, to which my mother picked me up and kissed my puffy cheek.

She laughed again. "I'm surprised you're not complaining about that two hour drive, sweetie."

"It won't be boring when Sapnap is there!"

Sapnap and I were like two peas in a pod. We were like soulmates, but a platonic version. We were meant to be best friends.

I could feel myself regain consciousness after what felt like forever. My eyes widened once I saw the light from our small window grow just a bit darker. My mind immediately signaled my hand to grab onto my phone, and the time was 5:39pm. I was late, maybe Sapnap would still be there? He was the only reason I was going anyways. I slept for... six hours? Damn.

Blood pressure was starting to move around my body as I stood up and headed down the ladder of the clubhouse, and hopped onto my bike. Peddling to the old pier as fast as I could, I just hoped that Sapnap was still there, I couldn't do this alone.

Eventually, I arrived to my destination and kicked out the stand for my bike, and ran to the end of the pier and to my surprise, No one was there.

Something called out to me. It's like... someone was there. I stepped closer to the railing, placing my hands on it. "Sap?" I called out, not receiving an answer.

I pulled out my phone, texting him. I always got worried so fast, and that was probably a really big flaw of mine.

"Hey Sapnap, I just got to the pier. Sorry, I kind of fell asleep."

The message sent. It was around dinner time for Sapnap, so I kind of assumed that his mom wanted him home. He would text me if that was what happened, right?

I put my phone away, and began to lean on the old, rusty ass railing. I looked out at the ocean, listening. Maybe that sounds of the waves weren't that bad? It was... calming?

"Mom? Sapnap!" I screamed, scared for my life. Waves were constantly knocking me down, and thunder was striking.

I saw a woman coming towards me, and I knew exactly who it was. "Mommy, help me!!" I tried to swim closer to her, but it was no use. The rip current was pulling me away.

"Hold on honey, i'm coming!" My mother yelled, putting herself into the rip current with me, and swimming towards me. "I've got you, i'm here. Look, you're gonna swim that way and back to Sapnap and his mom, alright? I'll be right behind you."

I nodded, hugging her tightly. "I love you, Mom.." I was scared that I could loose her that day, she had told me how dangerous rip currents were.

"I love you too, Dream. So much..." She kissed my cheek, forehead, and hair. She pushed me, giving me a boost out of the rip current. I swam, thinking she was right behind me. I swam as much as I could back to Sapnap. I looked behind me, and my mother was getting further away. "Mommy!" I yelled, trying to go back.

"Just go, Dream! Save yourself!" She cried, and I could hear her sobbing. "I LOVE YOU!"

Those were her last words before she was pulled underwater. I screamed, and everything became a blur. I was mumbling that I loved her too, and I felt something go around me. I was being pulled back towards the shore, no matter how much I wanted to fight it.

Suddenly, things weren't so calm anymore. I was about to move back, and that was when the bars below me snapped. Before I knew it, I was in the water.