3.

George's POV:

I've been living underwater for at least 6 years. When I was 18, an incident occurred, which threatened my life. Ever since that I was saved, I was turned into something more appropriate. A merman. Yes, it sounds crazy, I know. Mer-folk aren't real, right? Well, they are.

I have a few friends living with my down here, which each have their own story. Most of them are all filled with trauma, making this place, well... not as good as it looks. The kingdoms leader is more of a stone cold man, and he tells all of us that we can't go to the surface since there are humans up there that will try to kill us. It was strange, because when I was human, I didn't try to kill anyone? I honestly think the King is lying to us. Because of that theory, I like to wander around.

I've never encountered a human since i've been living in this kingdom yet, but I want to. I don't want to live in this hellhole anymore, I want to see my family and friends again. I'm sure they miss me. They have to, right? I'd be pretty upset if they didn't.

Speaking of those friends, I had heard a familiar knock on my door. When my friends came over, we had learned a special knock so we knew it was us and not some guard.

I swam to the entrance to my house, and opened up the old door, seeing a lovely and familiar face. "Hey, Tommy. What's up?"

Tommy. He had came here about three years ago, he was taken away from his best friend. Ever since then, he's been trying to go back to the surface to find him again. Tommy never really went in depth about that happened, and I don't think he ever will. He's really, really sensitive about it.

"Hey George." Tommy replied with a sad tone to his voice. "Can I come in? I'd like to talk about something." This was new.

"Yeah, of course! Are you sure you wanna be here, though? My parents are here and I don't think you wanna talk in front of them." I answered Tommy, speaking as if he'd like to talk in private, which i'm sure he does.

"Oh, okay. Where's a more quiet spot, do you know of any?" Tommy asked me, and I nodded.

"It's a bit outside the kingdom, do you wanna go?" I asked, and Tommy nodded his head at me.

Tommy looked hesitant at first, he's never really left the kingdom before. "Y-Yeah, let's go." The boy stuttered.

I gently took Tommy's wrist, heading out of the gates with him. It took a while before we got to a peaceful spot with a bunch of tropical fish, and even pretty colors or coral. We sat on a large rock side by side. "Is there something you wanted to discuss with me?" I asked the taller boy beside me.

"Yeah, there is. It's about what happened.. before I got here." Tommy looked down at his reddish colored tail, whilst I looked at him, wide eyed.

"Oh, okay. Please, tell me about it." I placed a hand on his back.

Tommy was like a little brother to me, and I wanted to make sure he felt comfortable around me.

"Okay.." Tommy took a deep breath, and began to tell me about it.

Tommy's POV:

The place that George took me to seemed... comforting. Like I was safe there, and I could say anything I wanted to.

I told him what happened to me just like it were a flashback, and it was just really hard to talk about, but I knew I had to. George needed to know after all these years.

George's POV:

Tommy had just opened up to me. About everything. I was in complete shock, why would the King plan that? He was only thirteen when he got here.. and so was his friend.

"I wanna go home. I want to see him again." Tommy wiped his eyes, as if he were crying. He probably was, but the water surrounding us wasn't really making that visible.

"Tommy... I had no idea.." I admitted, still in shock. "I mean I know you want to see him but Schlatt says it's dangerous." Schlatt was our king, with the assistance of 'Technoblade.' Two stone cold rulers to have isn't really too great. They made rules of whatever they wanted.

"I don't care what Schaltt says! I want to see Tubbo and I can't just keep staying here, acting like everything is okay!" Tommy raised his voice at me, clearly becoming pissed off.

"Tommy, calm yourself!" I let out a sigh. "I'll... I'll scope the surface. You can go back to the kingdom, and i'll make sure that the surface is safe. We're going to need to make a plan, alright? We're gonna do this, but it's not gonna be quick." I admitted, and Tommy's eyes seemed to light up.

"You'll really consider it? Like... really?" His voice was no longer so cold and loud, instead it was hopeful.

"I won't consider it, Tommy. It's happening." I grinned.

Hours passed, and I said goodbye to Tommy, and started to swim closer to the shore. It took he a while, but I could sense distress. I didn't know how I did, but I just... did. So, I swam towards it, wondering what it was.

Dream's POV:

What happened to that bar? Did I put to much weight on it? I didn't know. Over the years, I kind of forgot how to swim. I tried and tried to get back up, but I only seemed to go deeper in the water. Eventually, I gave up.

That was, until... I saw something.

I looked to my side, and saw a boy. Dark hair, dark eyes, pretty face. There was something strange about him, though. I tried to squint, but it was no use. The boy got closer to me, and I didn't know what to do.

I saw a tail. A big, blue, shiny tail.

No way... is he what i'm thinking he is? No. That's impossible, mermen aren't real. They cant be real. They're fake.

I felt something grab me, and I start to loose consciousness. The air left my mouth, and I blacked out completely. Who was that?