32

Wilbur's POV:

I woke up decently early, but everyone else was asleep. Looking at a large clock in Sapnap's living room, the time shows 10:52 am.

Getting up, I set my feet on the floor. Everyone has found who they were looking for, except for me. So, I find some fresh clothes to put on, and head out the door.

I haven't seen this girl in around 5 years. Or was it more? I've lost track of time. It could've been less, I don't know.

What if she moved away? Then, i'd have no idea where she would be, and I couldn't see her ever again.

It takes me a while to figure out where exactly I am, but then I start remembering again, and head over to where her old house was.

After at least a 30 minute walk, I knock on the door. Somebody that I don't know answers the door.

"No, dude. I don't want your boy-scout flyers." The woman is about to shut the door.

"No! No, I don't have any! I'm looking for Niki.. have you seen her?" I ask, desperately.

"Niki?" She questions. "Why do you need to see her?"

"Well, i'm an old friend. My name is Wilbur." This lady was kind of scary. She looked like she's kill me if I messed up what I said.

She thought about the name for a bit. "I'm Puffy." She introduced herself. "Come in, Wilbur."

Puffy made room for me to enter, and so I did.

"Now, ground rules." Puffy turns to me, grabbing the collar of my jacket. "If you do one wrong thing in there, i'm kicking your ass. I'm going to be in that room the entire time."

"Yes, miss." I nod, terrified. She could probably break a few of my bones without even trying.

"Niki! You have a visitor!" Puffy shouted, and you could hear Niki groan from the other room.

She was alive! She was here, she didn't move! This was a big relief for me.

I stood patiently in the living room, whilst Puffy made room for when Niki came out.

A bedroom door opens, and it is her. "Who is i-" She paused, staring at me. "No." She stepped closer. "Wilbur?"

"It's me." I smile, opening my arms.

She seems hesitant to come into them, but after a few seconds, she came running into them.

"You're alive!" Niki shouts, hugging the air out of me. "Are you alright?"

"I'm alright." I nod, releasing the hug, and she backs up a bit.

"Good." Then, she raised her hand a bit. "So, where have you been?!" She shouts, taking the raised hand and slapping me in the face with it. Deserved.

"It's compl-"

"You had me worried sick! You didn't answer any of my calls, my texts, nothing!" She continued, and I held my cheek.

"Niki, I-"

"And don't tell me that you're fucking sorry! You told me you'd be back in a few days, not 5 damn years!" She screams, but calms down.

"You're a fucking idiot." The woman sniffled, pulling me back into a hug. "And I hate you for all of that."

I rub her back, apologizing. "I'm sorry."

"I know." She lets her tears fall onto my jacket, and I let mine fall onto her short-sleeve pajama shirt.

We pull away from the hug, noticing what changed about the other. "You cut your hair." I say.

"You have scars on your face." She mentions. "Please tell me, Wilbur, what happened to you?" Her finger traces a scar on my face. It ran from my cheek to my nose.

"It's a really long story." I sigh. "Including things that we read in fairytale books years ago."

"What, did a sea monster get you?" Niki pouts.

"Well, not necessarily. You're on the right track, though. Guess again." I smile a bit.

"Shut up, you sound like our old English teacher." Niki begins to laugh, and I join.

"This seems more like a personal thing, so ill be back." Puffy smiles. "I'll be back tomorrow, Niki."

"Oh, okay. Bye Puffy!" Niki smiles, watching her friend leave, then, she looks back at me, her expression changing. "Talk."