28

Dream's POV:

We head out of the cave, Tubbo and I holding our breaths. His eyes seemed to be closed, but mine were wide open. I wanted to see everything going on.

Looking below me, George is swimming around, trying to be quick yet cautious. His hair looked so fluffy in the water, I wanted to touch it.

Lately, he's been making me feel some type of way, and I knew that feeling. I know what it is, I just hope George has that as well.

Now, we're out of the cave. George turns his head, making sure i'm alright, and I give his shoulder a squeeze. He swims to the surface, allowing me to get air.

"Are you alright?" George asks me.

"Yeah, i'm good." I respond, catching my breath.

Right after, I see everyone else poking their heads above water, Tubbo gasping for air. I frown whilst looking at him. There's a bruise on his nose that I left. I feel bad for it.

Tommy's been giving me dirty looks ever since he saw me. He knows what I did. I shouldn't be scared of the kid, but his eyes are telling me all the opposites of safety.

"Okay, where to?" Wilbur asks, looking over at George and I.

"I think... that way." George points North, where he believes that the shore is. "We'll go that way for a while, and we take breaks if we can. If we need to go fast, Tubbo and Dream hold their breaths."

He's so smart. Or is he just good with directions? I don't know, and I don't care. He's perfect.

George's POV:

For the entirety of our trip, I've been feeling Dream's eyes on me nonstop. Even when we're underwater.

Do I mind it? Not really. I'd likely be doing the same if we were switched.

I think about that sometimes. What if we were switched? Dream was a merman, I was a human? Nobody would want my blood if they knew who I was. That's why I don't go on the surface. What if the wrong people saw me? What if they caught me before I got back in the water?

Why did I save him? I risked my life for this guy, and I didn't even know him. It's a bit different now, because I know who is is. But what if after that, I never saw him? I don't know what i'd be doing now, but it certainly wouldn't be this.

Tommy wouldn't be injured, i'd still be refusing every time he asked me to go to the surface. He'd probably run off if I kept saying that.

But this guy.. he's changed my life. I would've been sitting in my shitty little house, bored out of my mind. I'd be daydreaming about going back to my real home, to see my family.

My family...

I haven't seen them in so long. To be honest, do they even care i'm gone? Do they think that i've just been living on my own for 10 years? Do they think I have a family? Maybe they're angry with me for not contacting them in so long.

Still, I continue swimming. It's been an hour, and we're beginning to see land. It doesn't really look familiar, though.. it's definitely not what I remember from saving Dream.

"Where... are we?" Tubbo squints, not recognizing the land either.

"I don't know?" Dream hums. "It's not our beach, that's for damn sure."

"Doesn't look that different to me." Tommy scoffs, still on Karl's back.

"Guys, calm down. I know where we are." Karl chuckles. "We're just not at the beaches we're heading for."

"What? Where are we then?" I pout, thinking that we were at the place we needed.

"Oh!" Dream then suddenly realized where we were. "It's fine, we're just about 5 miles from my apartment. It'll be a long walk, but we can make it!"

He's speaking with such determination. It makes me smile, really.

"I don't go to this part of the beach often." Dream continues. "It doesn't look like there's anybody here though, so I think we're fine to head in!"

"Home.." Tubbo smiled, the poor kid was exhausted.

"That's right, Tubs. We're going home." Tommy grins.

And he was right.