13.

Dream's POV:

Me and Tubbo had our plan set. We agreed that we'd set sail tomorrow afternoon, we couldn't wait any longer. The both of us had people that we needed to find.

However, I was scared. How was I becoming so brave so fast? Was it because I had almost lost my life already? Maybe that was the case.

I was home alone, and decided that I wanted to tell Sapnap what was happening before I left. So, I shook him a quick text.

Come over, i'd like to talk to you.

I waited for him to reply, but it didn't happen.

Well, I guess he didn't need to. I was lying on my bed when I heard keys going into my doorknob, and I smile. It was Sapnap.

The man walks in my room, a smile on both of our faces. "I was told to come here?" Sapnap asks, putting a big bag fast food on my nightstand, and he took half of the items in it. "I brought food, eat it." He laughs.

"Hey, I didn't think you'd show up." I sit up, fixing my hair a bit, and taking what he had left in the bag.

"I don't necessarily need to confirm i'm coming over, do I? I like surprising you, it's funny." Once he was finished speaking, he put a chicken nugget in his mouth. "Anyways," He speaks before chewing, and resumes when he's done. "What do you want me to know?"

"Well, I don't know if you'll be proud of me or mad at me." I say for a start, and scratch the back of my head. "I'm going on my dads boat tomorrow,"

"Really? Why do you think i'd be mad at yo-" I cut Sapnap off so I can finish my sentence.

"With Tubbo. He needs my help." I smile, and that's where Sapnap looses his.

"With Tubbo? The kid that was here the other day?" he asks, grabbing another nugget.

I nod, sighing. "Look, if I tell you this, you can't think i'm crazy, and you can't say anything to Tubbo about this, alright?" My pleading eyes look into Sapnap's, hoping he'd agree.

"I'm listening?" He replies, eating his nuggets, whilst I have a few of my own.

"Okay. So, remember the night where I was sitting up on the beach? You found me there." I start. "When I was in the water, I saw something. Someone, actually."

Sapanp's expression changes, he seems either concerned for me, or shocked.

"A man, is what I saw. He was.. actually, quite different. I've never seen anyone like him before." I think Sapnap could tell my the look on my face, that I was interested. Maybe not in a love way, but I just wanted to see the boy again.

"That's cute. Go get your boyfriend, Dream!" Sapnap laughs jokingly, a big smile across his face. He was the first and only person that knew I wasn't straight. Nonetheless, I couldn't help but laugh.

"And the Tubbo part," I begin on the second half of the story. "I don't know if you've ever known a boy named Tommy, but he apparently died a few years back. Thing was, Tubbo thinks he was taken, and turned into what my mystery boy was turned into." I take a deep breath, and continue. "This is the 'don't think i'm crazy' part. Tubbo and I believe that there's a chance that they're both mermen. A part of some underwater kingdom."

"Mermen? Like, the human fish?" Sapnap tilts his head.

"Yes, Sapnap. The human fish. To be fair, both of us have seen one." I give a light smile.

"Dream, I might have to see it to believe it." Sapnap admits. "I don't think you're crazy if Tubbo says that he's seen one too. Listen to me though, Dream. If you don't want me going with you, just be careful. Promise?" He stands up, coming towards me.

I stand up myself, and nod. "I promise, Sapnap. I'll be as careful as I can." With that, I give him a somewhat reassuring hug, hoping that it wouldn't be my last. I'd be fine tomorrow, right?

Tubbo's POV:

I sat in my room of my parents house, lying on my bed. Tomorrow was the day. I was going to find Tommy and bring him home. I know that he's out there, I just hope that he thinks that I never gave up on him, because I didn't. I never did, and I never will.

The boy that Dream wants to see, maybe we'll find him too? I hope we do, it would make him happy. Plus, I wouldn't mind meeting him.

I was determined to find Tommy, no matter if it was the last thing I did. What if he found me? It doesn't matter, I just want to see him. I wonder what he's been doing for the past three years, it's been so long.

Right now, it was winter break, meaning I was free for a while. I was able to get good sleep, and not have to worry about school. I could focus on the mission; finding the boys.

It was due to snow soon, maybe I could make an igloo with Tommy and Dream! It had just suddenly popped into my head, it seemed like it would be a fun activity!

I start to think about my thoughts, and I noticed that I was so expecting that we'd get Tommy. I need to stop getting my hopes up.

What if Tommy was dead? What if he were chasing after nothing?

No, stop. Stop thinking like that. He's alive, right? Yeah! He is. Right?

I was having a mental conflict with myself, and that probably wasn't the best way to go about the whole situation.

I needed to have a more proper approach. A positive attitude was always the way to go.

A positive attitude doesn't mean that I need to get my hopes up. It just means that I should be open-minded to the fact that we could actually find Tommy.

I wonder what he looked like now, how he's changed. I'm sure he looks great! He looked like a bit of a nerd when we were younger, but I had to admit, I did too.

Lord, I just want to see you again. I huff.