20.

TW//slight mentions of abuse\\TW

Karl's POV:

Wilbur and I were about to have an argument, until a woman had approached us.

"Boys! Shut your mouths, would you? Give me the boy, he needs medical attention." She demanded.

Wilbur seemed hesitant, but gave the motionless boy to her. She was the medic.

As we watch her take Tommy away, I hear Wilbur let out a shaky sigh. I felt bad, so I tried to place my hand onto his shoulder, until he smacked it away.

"Don't you dare touch me! After what you did to Tommy, I hope you fucking rot." Wilbur insulted.

"Wilbur i'm sorry, alright? I didn't mean to!" I defend myself, feeling a bit frustrated.

"You didn't mean to? You didn't fucking mean to?!" He started. "You had a choice, Karl. You had a choice! You could either harm him, or let us be. For three years he's been trying to find his best friend, and when he finally does, you ruin it, just like you always do!"

I could feel my heart drop to my stomach, I hated it. Wilbur and I had known each other for a while, we were even friends at one point. That was, until, I blew it. This was two years ago.

"Wilbur, can I talk to you about something?" I ask, to which he turns his attention right to me.

"Yeah, sure! What is it, Karl?" He asks me.

I let out a sigh, and say it. "I'm going to work for Schlatt and his military." I admit.

Wilbur's expression immediately changes. "You what?"

I could feel myself shake a bit, I was scared. "I-I want to-"

"You want to join Schlatt, are you insane? You could get yourself killed! You can't do that!" Wilbur yells.

"I've been wanting to do this for a long time, Wilbur! I can finally prove myself!" Trying to defend myself, I fail.

"Prove yourself? To who, your family? Karl, you don't have a family? You were taken here, they think you're dead! They don't care about you anymore, they never did!"

"Take that back." My tone had changed completely.

"No! Karl, they probably don't even remember you, you can't prove yourself to them." Wilbur scoffed.

"I said take that back!" I yell.

"Karl, they fucking hit you! They don't care that you're gone, they never did! They didn't even like it when you were there! You know what? Just go."

"What?"

"Go. I don't want to see you anymore, Karl. Leave." Wilbur demanded, and I did what he asked, hurt.

Have I forgave him? Not really, no, but I knew I could. The thing was, could he forgive me? I never thought he could after this stunt.

I knew he was hurting because of what I did, and I didn't want to cause anymore trouble.

Letting out a long sigh, I very much hesitate on what i'm about to do. However, I knew it needed to be attempted, at least.