12.

TW//Mentions of suicide\\TW

Wilbur's POV:

I was scared, I had to admit it. What if it comes to the point where once needs to sacrifice another? What if Schlatt finds us, what would he do? He's going to hate me for betraying him, and that could get me killed.

All I needed though, was for Tommy to make it out alive. I mean yeah, George is a great guy, it's just he doesn't have that same click with me.

Tommy is like my little brother, i'd do anything to protect him. I just hope that it doesn't end my life in this situation though.

I know what he wanted. Tommy didn't want me, he wanted his best friend back. As much as he'd say it to make me feel better that he needs me, I don't think he does. He needs Tubbo.

I knew I had to take one for the team when it came to the situation, though. They've let me in on this plan, and I have to help them make it out.

I sigh, looking at the two boys in the room. "I'm going to get you two out of here, no matter what, okay?" I smile.

"Wilbur, you're coming out with us. I know you hate it here..." George tries to comfort him.

Tommy nods in agreement, looking at me. "We need you, Wilbur. I don't admit it much, but this time is an exception. We need you." And.. he meant it? The look in his eyes told me that it was sincere.

I can't help but tear up. What can I say? I was a bit of an emotional guy. "Guys, you mean that?" I ask, and the both of them nod, giving me a hug.

They need me, just as much as I need them.

Karl's POV:

I'm walking in the main facility, waiting for a job to be given to me. Since Schlatt made a new rule, he needed to hire more guards. I needed to be one of those guards.

Sure enough, I see Techno and Schlatt walking around, and I stand still, in a respectful pose. Arms behind my back, waiting for them to either recruit me or walk past me, ignoring me.

Surprisingly, Schlatt looks at me. He looked at me! I was internally panicking, but kept myself cool on the outside.

I see Schlatt take a glance at Technoblade, and then at me. Noticing their gaze, I bow almost immediately.

Schlatt smirks, making his way over to me. "Hello." He says, and I smile, getting out of my bowing position, looking into his eyes.

"Good morning, Sir." I respond respectfully, and I can see him grin.

He looked at Techno, and then at me again. The tall, tall man begins to chuckle. "I like this guy! What's your name?"

"My name is Karl, Sir." I tell him without thinking, and the man nods.

"Well, Karl. How would you feel about guarding the gates during the night?"

My eyes widen, and I can feel joy filling my heart. "Yes! Yes, Sir, I would love that!" A huge smile grows across my face.

"Perfect." Schlatt keeps his grin. "Only rule is.." He leans closer, towards my ear. "No one comes in, no one comes out. If that happens, you're in jail. Got it?"

"Yes sir." I nod, honestly a bit scared.

"You start as soon as this collar shocks you. Don't ask." Schlatt was a bit scary, and I didn't know exactly how to feel when he put a shock collar around my throat. Where did he even get this, and how did it even work underwater?

"Get lost." Schlatt demands, smiling once he saw me leave.

Schlatt's POV:

How easily manipulated that Karl boy is. Was that his name? I forgot.

I look at Techno, grinning. "If there's ever a war, remind me to put him at the front lines. Bait is way better at the front, anyways."

Technoblade nods at me, not showing me any emotions. "You said you didn't like Tommy, didn't you? Maybe we could put him at the front as well." I make a suggestion, and see the man grinning beside me.

Some bitchy assistant was listening to us, she was holding files. "Tommy? He's undera-" She was cut off, watching me take a blade from my back.

"You have ten seconds to leave or your head is off. You have no say in this, hm? Leave." I begin to start counting down, and I watch her leave as fast as she could in fear. I laugh, knowing that I couldn't care less for her life. For anyone's life, really.

I took Technoblade when he was five. He preferred that name for himself, but his real name was Alex. I'm surprised I remembered that, actually.

Why did I take him? So he could work for me, and because I just wanted to. I was in the mood for ruining both families and lives. It was fun to me, and so I sent him to do that sometimes.

Did I care about Techno? No, of course not. I can't care about anyone, they'll just be taken away from me. That's what happened to my family. I cared about them, and they died. They killed themselves right in front of my eyes.

My dad shot himself in the head, and it broke my mother. About a month later, she overdosed. Then, I was put in an orphanage. After that, I never got adopted. I came from a broken home, people just assumed I was a horrible man.

Those people who walked passed me are the people who made me who I am today. A cold-hearted tyrant. I could never be anything else, right?

I'm surer that hell that Techno thinks i'm his father. I couldn't tell him that I took him though, he'd hate me. The kid doesn't even remember the incident.

I couldn't care about him, or else he'd do something to himself just like my parents did, or someone would hurt him. I don't want him to go.

If I don't want someone to get hurt in any way, shape, or form, do I care about that person? That's impossible for me, right?