|| Judges ||

"Look, all I'm saying is if we were fruit, Poki would definitely be a grape-" Toast looked at Sykkuno weirdly,

"Should I even ask?" Toast spun back around to face the center console

"No. I've discovered it's best if you just don't respond" Rae laughed and patted Sykkuno's head as they walked through the entrance to the control room and to their chairs at their designated stations.

The planet of Mars was famous in this sector of the universe, as it was the first planet to be colonized by humans, the moon followed shortly after. At the time, humans were convinced that they were the only ones in the universe but as they began to dig deeper into the life on Mars, they discovered the last of the Martians. They were forced into hiding because they feared the humans would kill them if they found them. (Turns out the humans were more than just nice to them and helped them repopulate Mars) A Martian's most outstanding quality is their impressive athletic abilities, they are currently the 3rd strongest race in the known universe (1st: a hostile race that is comprised of warriors who live on a burnt out star, 2nd: a beautiful tropical planet that is filled with extremely strong and resourceful merpeople) The Martians did not have an allegiance to any nation or planet and their sole purpose was making profit off of countries or groups that needed military tactical training.

"Rae, we'll be entering their atmosphere in about 10 minutes, I want you to do the talking, I'm not confident in my Martian anymore" Toast confessed

"Roger that" Rae looked over to Sykkuno who looked more down than usual, he was the one who was most excited about traveling to Mars. She had always worried about her friend, ever since they met back in middle school Sykkuno always seemed to be wandering in his own mind. She could tell when he covered up his true personality by being overly happy, the pain in his eyes always shown through. Rae had figured out early on that her friend had probably been through a rough life.

"Oh Thomas..." she sighed to herself
____________________________________

Their first few days on Mars were...brutal to say the least. It was like every time they took a break a Martian personal trainer would turn around and start yelling at them

"How many times do I have to tell you damn humans to stop slacking off?!" A very tall woman with extremely intimidating thighs yelled at the group, who were still getting prepared for the workout.

"I don't understand what she's saying!" Leslie was starting to get frustrated, as was the rest of the team. She threw her hands up and stormed off, Rae profusely apologized for Leslie's behavior

"I'm really sorry ma'am, the language barrier is really tough for them, please don't be too harsh-"
The 7ft ish tall woman glared and let out an exasperated sigh,

"This is why we don't train humans like you" She sneered, throwing Rae off guard. The small woman's face turned beet red with anger

"Now just a damn minute you dumb big bitch, you wanna take this outside?!" Rae's eyes narrowed obviously offended by what the woman said. Toast looked over his shoulder, confused by the commotion. He was horrified to see the face of his crew in a full brawl with their very beefy trainer lady. But also slightly impressed with how well she was holding up.

He heard thundering footsteps beside him and turned just in time to see Sykkuno sprinting past him towards his crewmate, a dark look on his face

"Sykkuno wait-" Toast tried reaching his hand out to grab him, but missed by an inch

CRACK!

A strong right hook connected with his cheek. Toast watched Sykkuno stumble but not fall, he spat out blood on the rubber flooring. With a glare he stared down the woman that just accidentally whacked him in the jaw, she looked slightly afraid. The whole training facility was watching him, waiting for what he was going to say. The building was large and filled with all kinds of people, but in that moment, Sykkuno was the strongest.

"Just because I can't speak Martian doesn't mean I can't comprehend what I hear. I thought society had moved past racism, but I guess not." He snickered and helped Rae off the ground.

"You know that you're stronger than a human, yet you still chose to fight her, seems a bit messed up if you ask me. Oh my what would your boss say about all this? The gym reputation would probably drop significantly I assume. With everyone knowing that your gym won't serve, what was it again? Humans like us?" The woman narrowed her eyes and held up her hands in defense,

"What's your point human? I'm just saying what everyone else was thinking? What are you trying to achieve by stating the obvious? Everyone knows that humans are just selfish colonizers" She jeered with disgust, Sykkuno scoffed and pulled out his phone.

"-humans are just selfish colonizers" he had recorded the whole conversation. The woman gasped and began to back away, just then a large figure lumbered through the doorway wearing a badge that read 'gym manager: Tanaka'

"What the hell is going on here, Mila?" He asked the trainer with suspecting eyes. She began to sweat, looking for an escape.

"Don't worry ma'am, these selfish colonizers will take their business elsewhere" Sykkuno sneered and motion for his friends to follow him to the doorway.

Once they were out of earshot, Toast smacked him on the head.

"What the hell were you thinking?! You could've gotten yourselves seriously hurt!" Sometimes to the rest of the team, their captain sounded like a doting mother..

"S-Sorry!" Sykkuno squeaked
____________________________________

"About what you said that time Adam-"

"Cut that shit out already..." He was standing on the balcony of his dingy apartment with his ex on the planet (actually one of Jupiter's moons) Europa. He decided to take a break from his current obsession with a certain black haired boy and work on his already formed but broken relationship.

"W-What do you mean?" Dream stuttered,

"If I have to call you Dream, then it's only fair that you call me Corpse. We're not together anymore so...don't bring up the past" He was being cold on purpose, he still wanted to be friends obviously but when they were close like this...

He was afraid of falling in love all over again.

"You crazy bastard. I had always feared that you'd let this delinquent thing control you. I miss talking to you as an equal Adam, I miss being able to hold you." Dream reached out his hand to touch Corpse's, the Pirate was afraid to look up because he knew that if he did, he'd lose his hard edge.

"D-Don't...don't do that. Stop manipulating me!" He wrenched his hand away, his wild green eyes filling up with tears. Dream sighed and retreated back into the apartment.

Corpse stood out on the balcony for awhile with tears pouring out of his eyes, he shook the railing in anger and screamed

"WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?!" 

"Good question...your highness"
____________________________________

I'm sorry that this chapter took so long to get published, I just had a lot to do this week! Thank you so much for reading, even though this chapter was a bit short I hope you enjoyed :)

Stay beautiful!
-Your author, Opal🌟