|| Job ||

"N-No wait! Jack! Felix..?" A choked sob raked through Corpse's lungs and throat, he scanned to debris around the explosion with wide eyes. He pressed a finger to his ear, trying to get a response on the in-ear monitor.

He slammed his fist on the console, error messages popping up in response. Corpse sighed and pressed the heels of his hands into his eyes.

"Goddammit...get your shit together Adam!" He smacked the side of his face and gripped the yoke with a stern face. There were still enemy planes swarming around the area searching for his ship but thankfully Corpse had enabled the cloaking mechanism as soon as he saw the cannon blast. He made quick work of the enemy ships around him before directing his attention to the largest ship which held his parents and the rest of the royal cabinet members.

A small blipping noise caught his attention, it was the communication link that connected his small fighter jets with black cobra. Corpse's heart began to pound and he jabbed the accept call button with his thumb.

"Hello?! Guys, i-is that you? Can anyone hear me?!" At first all he heard in response was white noise and static but after a few moments he heard loud cheering and hollering

"HEY BOSS!! Did you like the magic trick the boys and I pulled off?! Guys would ya look at that, we scared the piss out of 'em" Jack's crass voice sounded like music to his ears, a big grin fell across his face as he replied sternly

"Jack you sly bastard, don't ever pull something like that again. What the hell happened back there?" Corpse laughed shakily, the nerves he had unconsciously built up had crumbled. The adrenaline was making his hands shake and he rubbed the sweat in his pants to calm down. He felt like he'd run a marathon,

"I put up a spherical hologram that covered the entirety of an asteroid about the size of Black Cobra. The thing looked so lifelike that I honestly thought we were getting blown up too" Even Felix's typically steady voice sounded a bit unnerved to the pirate, it was clear that his whole crew wasn't completely confident about their plan.

"So when they thought they were blowing you up it was actually a rock. That's...actually really smart, I'm proud of you guys" Corpse's smile widened, he snapped off his mask and threw it on the floor next to him; he drug a hand through his curly hair

"Precisely, I've cloaked the ship in a safe location so they have no chance of harming us. All that's left is that one ship, go get 'em" and with that, the communication link ended abruptly; leaving Corpse alone once more. He was extremely glad that his friends had survived and also a bit disappointed that the enemy was stupid enough to fall for their trick. He urged his fighter jet forward toward his parent's aircraft carrier and he requested communication with them.

After a few short moments they accepted the call, and chaos erupted in the background.

"SHIT, Martinez I need you to go down to the docking bay and-"

"Did I call you guys at a bad time?" Corpse smirked at his nasty remark

"You little bastard-"

"Your ship seems to be having some issues Father, anything I can do to help?" He edged a bit closer, thumb hovering over his blasters. When no reply came, he unloaded a full mag on his enemies making sure that it was centered in the most vulnerable parts. Corpse stared at the massacre with unseeing eyes, murdering not just one but two royal officials was a big offense, not to mention that all of the government big cheese that were from his home planet are now dead which was also...a very big offense. Even though everyone in the galaxy had pretty much agreed that Corpse's parents were tyrannical dictators, killing them was almost unthinkable for the average person. But Corpse wasn't average, was he?

Though he didn't know it yet, he just got himself in deep shit.

"Well that's over." Jack's voice in his head again brought him back to reality

"Y-Yeah..." He sighed

"What now boss?" It was Felix this time, concern lacing his tone.

"I...I don't know? Dream was taking Sykkuno to Earth, so let's meet up with them there. For now, just come get me. I'm tired of being in this cramped chunk of metal, it makes me feel like a giant"
____________________________________
Sykkuno and Dream had landed on Earth awhile ago and had made their way in a helicopter to the nearest space Pirate base. The whole time, Dream had stayed silent, only commenting to give the pilot directions or making polite conversation with the other people in the cabin. He never said a word to Sykkuno.

They had touched down in a field somewhere in rural Colorado and were on their way by car into the Rockies to stay the night at the base. Sykkuno had been informed that no regular civilian had ever gone into the compound and if he told anyone of its location he'd be executed.

"Sir. The boss has just informed us that they've successfully eliminated the threat and we are continue on our way to the base where the main squad will rendezvous with us in the shipyard."

"Understood, when we arrive prepare the docking bay for the entrance of Black Cobra. It would be easiest if they can land in the field in case they're being followed, but on the off chance that the captain wants to dock directly in the base-"

"Of course sir, I'll radio my men right away" Sykkuno's eyes were bouncing back and forth between the men and their hushed conversation with awe. He was impressed how knowledgeable Dream was about strategy and managing a pirating business in Corpse's absence.

Dream's head whipped toward's Sykkuno even though he couldn't really see him with the mask on. Sykkuno had noticed that much like Corpse, he was also faceless.

"What the hell are you looking at kid?" He sneered

"Okay first of all-"

"We're here sir." A man in a black suit appeared at the van's sliding doors and wrenched them open. Sykkuno stepped out onto the concrete slab which turned out to be the roof of an expertly hidden compound. 3/4ths of the building was nestled into the side of a mountain and was the color of black dirt, which helped to make it blend into the surrounding nature. Sykkuno's jaw dropped once more at the amazing architecture and luxury that the gang possessed.

"Just how rich is your boss, Dream?" He asked with wide eyes at the masked man who was already walking towards the large garage doors, barking orders at loitering employees

"None of your damn business delivery boy" he snapped.

An incredible and horrible whirring noise almost broke his eardrums behind him, and an immense heat followed shortly after. He looked up to see an enormous shadow cast over not only the base but a good portion of the surrounding area as well. A metallic thud startled him and he turned around to see familiar faces walking in his direction. It was Corpse's friends as well as other pirates and gang members, all of which gave him a friendly wave. Sykkuno sprinted over to the ramp and weaved through a crowd of people, looking for a black mop of hair. He skidded to a halt as he came face to face with the man he fell in love with, who was leaning on one of the control consoles. Sykkuno's eyes flicked over to the man that was standing too close to him, almost between Corpse's legs.

Bretman.

"C-Corpse...?" The man in question snapped his head up, eyes immediately becoming brighter at the sight of Sykkuno. Until he saw his face.

The pizza delivery boy whipped around and stormed back down the plank, a foul mood clouding his brain.

"Sykkuno wait!-" He heard Corpse calling his name but he didn't stop, only pausing a moment to wipe tears away before sprinting into the base to find somewhere to hide from his problems.

____________________________________

Hello there everyone! Thank you so much for reading and commenting. Oh also, thank you for the 10 reads!!! I'm impressed at how far this story has come and I'm ready to bring it to a close. I have an idea of how I want to end it, and I'm definitely ready to start jailbreak!

Your author- Opal🌟