|| Kings ||

"T-Tastes?! What the hell is that supposed to mean..?" Sykkuno mumbled to himself with a frown, he was confused as to why his friends hadn't come to save him yet. They'd walked for a really long time up a giant mountain, he just wanted to sit down. Greg the tiger must've sensed this,

"My dear child, it seems as if you've grown tired. Please do come in.." He grinned, feline eyes staring into his soul. The pizza delivery boy was beginning to get skeptical of the tiger and his intentions. Greg was at least a head taller than him, and definitely built (as much as a fluffy cat could be) like he could rip him to shreds. The general gestured for Sykkuno to follow him into the castle/bunker thing.

As they were walking, Sykkuno spoke up
"Uhm..E-Excuse me?" Greg turned back to smile at him
"What is it dear me- I mean boy?"

"I'm not here to give you tuna pizza am I...?" Greg chuckled

"Oho! He has a brain too, how delightful. It's unfortunate really."

"Wh-whats unfortunate sir?" He squeaked, the pizza was beginning to feel cold in the damp and dark castle. He was lead to a large dining hall where a bunch of other predatory cats were seated, all staring at him weirdly. Sykkuno gulped. The air was tense and no one said a word, he turned around to find that Greg was nowhere to be found.

Someone in the sea of big cats cackled, frightening the boy. His binds had been released without him noticing, and he took a moment to look around the room at the amazing interior. What was gray and cold in the corridor was now a warm mahogany with lush red carpets, if Sykkuno wasn't in this situation, he would've found the room eye-catching. But obviously, with a bunch of opportunistic predators staring at him like he was the best thing in the universe, he didn't find it very inviting. Greg reappeared holding something black and fluffy

"Put these on." He requested and held up a pair of black cat ears, Sykkuno was weirded out to say the least. He nodded slowly and placed them on his head, all of the felines in the room gawked at him.

"They not real ears...are they?" The pizza delivery boy gulped, Greg laughed

"No but I can definitely get you a pair of those too, if you're into that" Sykkuno almost threw up. Greg lead him over to the head of the table where he ordered him to sit, the whole experience was very awkward for the human.

"Drink." Someone said, the whole lot began chanting over and over again. Sykkuno finally gave in and drank from the small chalice that was in front of him, he began to feel nauseous and looked up to see that everything was blurry.

"Whass, hapenin.?" He slurred and glared at Greg who looked at him mischievously, that was the last thing Sykkuno saw before he passed out.
____________________________________

"Sir, we will be approaching the planet inhabited by felines shortly." One of Corpse's lead pilots declared through his earpiece, he was giving a briefing to Sean, Felix, Bretman and Dream about their fast approaching mission. They would be trying to gain control over the planet to broaden their influence over the Earth sector of the galaxy. Corpse had achieved most of his monthly goals ahead of schedule, the whole pillaging cities, running a drug cartel, controlling a military fleet, corrupting governments. He was definitely not a good person, according to societies standards of course, Corpse was just a vengeful 20-something that hated life and wanted to fill his loneliness with military prowess. But enough of the deep stuff..

"So to close this meeting, anyone got anything to say?" Their captain looked around the room at his friends with a grin on his face, when no one responded he gave the signal for them to put on their masks and let his underlings to prep for possible confrontation. He walked out into the hallway to be stopped by one of Felix's scientists, Corpse's current on-ship sexual partner. She smiled at him and touched his bicep for more than Corpse was comfortable with but he grinned under his mask and pushed her into a storage closet, not caring if anyone saw. (People saw)

"S-Sir...what's this all of a sudden?" She faked shock and attempted to pull of his mask, Corpse jerked back and glared
"I'd hate to kill a pretty thing like you over something so...trivial" He smirked an pushed a strand of hair behind her ear, she blushed profusely and apologized.

(Long story short, nasty things happened)
——
Corpse stumbled out of the closet and straightened up his leather jacket, making long strides over to the washroom. The door slid open soundlessly and he was met with a red eyed Dream. He tried to push past Corpse but was stopped by a strong arm,

"What's the matter Dream?" Corpse guided him back into the bathroom and ripped off his mask, sitting next to his ex on the floor.

"I-I..I miss you Adam" He began to tear up again, the Pirate frowned at the mention of his birth name but still tried to comfort Dream,

"I know you do...but you know that it didn't work the last time, you were the one that broke up with me-"

"I didn't mean the stuff that I said that day Adam, I was just hurt and confused. I didn't even really know what love meant then" Dream looked broken, and it hurt Adam to see him like that but he just didn't love him anymore and had moved on years ago. Sykkuno was his current interest, and he wanted to change for him. Corpse wanted to just be Adam for Sykkuno, not a pirate that leaves a trail of broken hearts but a genuine lover and friend.

Who knows if the cute pizza delivery boy would ever feel the same way.

"Dream...that was years ago, you know how I feel about that boy from the ship. We can't keep rubbing off like this, we both have jobs to do. I don't want to cut you off as a friend so please, just keep things professional between us" Corpse smiled a sad smile and slipped his mask back on, holding his hand out to dream. He helped his friend stand up before silently walking out.

As usual, Dream was left alone.
____________________________________
When Sykkuno came to, he was lying flat on a table surround by various fruits and meat. Naked.

His eyes flew open and he looked around to see Greg and the other felines staring at him hungrily, he screeched and sat up

"You were going to eat me?! What the hell is wrong with you people! First you drug me, tie me to a table and now you're going to eat me, are we not gonna talk about how unethical that is?!" A few of the cats glowered at him,

"Listen buddy, we don't come to your planet, telling you how to eat your meals-"

"MEALS?!" Sykkuno roared, almost breaking the bindings and completely forgetting about his embarrassment towards being naked. To an outsider he would've looked almost feral, much like the cats that were going to devour him.

Suddenly he heard thunder but as he looked around, all of the felines were confused as well. He was able to break the binds holding him to the table with a steak knife, and jumped off the table unnoticed. Greg was rushed out of the room by a few guards and all of the other felines grabbed guns, pointing at the door. Instantly Sykkuno realized his mistake, it wasn't thunder that he heard, but the sound of boots thudding down the corridor. Afraid of being caught in the crossfire, he yanked one of the drapes off of the astronomically tall windows and wrapped himself in it. Sykkuno scampered to a far corner of the room and pressed himself down so he just looked like a bundled mess of curtains. He held the knife with both hands and he wore a wild expression, fully prepared to stab something with a steak knife.

The large set of double doors busted open and in came dozens of humans dressed in black swat-like clothes, he was too afraid to see who it was and that was just when the gunfire started.
____________________________________

Hello again beautiful readers! Thank you as always for reading this chapter and feel free to share it on social media so we can spread the story around :)

4K?! That's insane, thank you so much for the support and it means a lot to me that people like reading this story. Originally I had planned on only 20 something chapters but as this story takes awhile to get started, it'll probably be longer than that. I'd have to say that right now the plot is in the rising action phase, idk what the climax will be because I have no plans for the story at this point lol

I'm just writing whatever I feel like, and that's why I love the ridiculousness of this story so much!

Thank you for your continued support!

-Your author Opal 🌟