|| Nehemiah ||

Once again Sykkuno found himself running, Corpse holding onto his hand tightly but not in a rough way. They skidded to a stop at the bottom of a black spiral staircase, a wall of windows stretched endlessly above them which lead to the entrance of Corpse's loft apartment. Sykkuno's attention snapped back to Corpse who had discarded his mask once more and rubbed his face.

"Does it stink?"

"W-What..?" Sykkuno's random question had caught him of guard, his ears turned red in response. Corpse laughed while shaking his head out of embarrassment

"I mean...no? I have to wear it all day so it makes my skin sensitive. W-Why do you ask Sykkuno?" They were both laughing at that point, the ridiculousness of the conversation getting to them. Simply enjoying each other's company was enough for the two boys, though neither had the nerve to let the other know that crucial fact. Sykkuno was amazed by the pirate's laugh, the fluctuations in his voice, he was able to look past how deep it was and hear the true tone's of Corpse's sound. It made him blush...

"What did you want to show me Corpse..?" The Pirate was already halfway up the wrought iron spiral staircase, he peered over the railing back down to the black haired boy.

"My apartment." He stated simply, leaving Sykkuno sputtering
———
Corpse's interior design tastes had clearly been used throughout the space ship because his apartment was styled the same way. Black, large windows to take in the view, automated lights that illuminated the floor as they passed by. As always, Sykkuno was taken aback by the dangerous beauty of the universe, normally people would become afraid when realizing how small they are in comparison to the vastness but Sykkuno was different, he was just happy to be alive in the time that he was. Space travel had changed his perspective of the universe, and after meeting so many different intelligent species he didn't feel so small or alone anymore.

Except if he was around Corpse, the only man who made him feel small.

"Sykkuno..." The man in question whipped around to be met with Corpse staring at him, an unfamiliar look on his face. The pirate walked closer to him until Sykkuno was against the window and there was almost no space in between them.

"C-Corpse?"

"You really are beautiful, you know that?" His deep emerald green eyes pierced into Sykkuno's mind as black curly hair fell over his eyes. Sykkuno hadn't noticed when a rough hand made its way to his cheek and he was mad at himself for beginning to lean into it. The compliment had made his heart clench, he was almost too afraid to take his eyes away from Corpse.

The taller man leaned in closer, Sykkuno closed his eyes and tilted his chin to meet him....

And then the door slammed open.

"I swear to god- WHOEVER IT IS BETTER HAVE A DAMN GOOD REASON FOR INTERRUPTING ME" Corpse was about ready to lose his mind, there was so much he was holding back trying to respect Sykkuno by taking things slowly and an interruption made him want to commit arson.

The pirate failed to realize the boy who was trembling below him, scared shitless. Without knowing, Corpse had slammed his hands on either side of the man's head and was now basically towering over him like a crazed bear.

"I apologize for interrupting sir, but there's an important tele-com incoming. It's about the-"

"Alright shut up, you're dismissed" a quiet, yes sir, could be heard as the man retreated out the door and back down the steps. Corpse was fuming, a terrifying glare making his eyes narrow. He punched the window behind Sykkuno which made him squeak. The pirate's face softened when he looked down to see tears streaming down the boy's face. He frowned and wiped his tears away as gently as he could.

"Hey- please don't cry, I'm sorry for scaring you Sykkuno...I'll be back in a bit" Sykkuno froze as a soft peck was placed on his forehead, he watched Corpse's back as he stalked out of the room. The pizza boy sank to the floor and pushed himself into the corner between the window and the wall, pulling his knees to his chest.

He slowly began to drift into his dreams, curling up to find a comfortable position. Sleep overtook him peacefully..
———
Corpse had sprinted down the various corridors and hallways to get back to the main room as soon as possible, concerned about the idea of someone contacting his crew without an appointment. The only way to contact the Black Cobra was through a classified server that only a handful of important people had. Corpse made a mental note to add Sykkuno's friends to that list of important people, it would be the first step of convincing them Sykkuno was safer with him. But that was a completely different issue for another time, whoever was contacting him was either a hacker or someone very important that was about to get him in trouble for something.

His black leather high tops squeaked as he launched himself through the doorway and into the room where his associates and friends were waiting. He took a second to compose himself before nodding to Felix who pressed the 'answer call' button. A hologram appeared immediately of a man and a women talking to someone angrily off-screen, they looked at the screen and were almost surprised to actually see Corpse standing there with his fists clenched and narrowed eyes. The man glared right back at him while the woman only leaned back in her chair with a smirk.

"What the hell do you two want" he spat

"We finally found you, my son...if you're done with your tantrum, we do believe it's time that you should come home." The man, his father, replied with a sneer

"No. I am never going back to that place. How did you even find this network-"

"Never mind that. You do not have a choice, we'd prefer you came with us quietly now. We don't really want to cause a scene" his mother snickered. Corpse was about ready to implode,

"YOU ABANDONED ME! I spent my whole life relying on a fucking robotic cat for parenting! I raised myself...I'm not going with you" he terminated the call in fury and slammed his hands on the table, startling everyone.

"Prepare for war...and don't let them touch Sykkuno! His safety should be your priority!" He commanded, sending the room into action. No one on the ship knew he was the crown prince of the planet Chronos-EX390, a small but strong civilization where the population was mostly comprised of criminals and drug lords which was the main reason it never got talked about in the news. He wanted to abandon that life of being royalty by running away and choosing his own path, though it was only a matter of time before his parents found him. He just didn't know how close they were to his location, but his biggest fear was Sykkuno.

He had know idea if they knew how important he was to Corpse. He could only pray they didn't know of his existence...
____________________________________
Thank you for reading this chapter of Space Pirate! Please continue to vote and comment, I love hearing my readers' opinions and reactions to my writing! I've already been writing down ideas for jailbreak and I'm really excited to see if people will like that book too, but obviously I'll finish Space Pirate first. I think putting this story in the comedy/humor category of Wattpad was a smart idea because the fan fiction area is wayy over saturated. I plan on adding more comedy into Jailbreak because I want to put a different twist on Sykkuno, I'm trying to figure out a way to turn the cute Sykkuno we all love into savagekkuno. I'm rambling...

Anyway I love you all, thank you for sticking with this story!

-Opal🌟