|| Ezra ||

Previously...
——
"Whaddya say we get out of here?" His gravely voice was very welcoming to Sykkuno, he could feel Corpse's voice rattle in his chest and he smiled widely at that.

"W-What about my friends, a-and my job?!" He stuttered

"fuck them"
——
As they were running down the hall towards a back door, Corpse used those brief moments to talk to Sykkuno about his feelings.

"I feel like shit...for things I did to you and your friends" he looked over to see Sykkuno frowning slightly

"Then why do them Corpse? Why do you hurt so many people on a daily basis, you could be a good person if you wanted to-"

"That's...not really something you should know right now" Corpse interrupted; he flung the door open and they stumbled out into the harsh, red rays of a dying sun. Sykkuno had noticed he had grabbed on to Corpse's hand, but he decided in that moment, he didn't mind so much. A large familiar spacecraft touched down in front of them, a ramp extending down to greet them simultaneously. Sykkuno scanned the area for any sign of his friends, only to be disappointed.

"D-Did they leave me..?" He ignored the tears beginning to fall from his panicked eyes. He was suddenly swept up into strong arms and rough hands on his cheeks that stopped the tears. Corpse led him up the docking ramp and into the rear of the ship where a few men in black suits and masks stood waiting. Sykkuno couldn't see any of their faces including Corpse obviously, which made them all the more scary.

"Prepare the guest room across the hall from my quarters. We've got a new member" His tone was very different compared to when he spoke to Sykkuno moments earlier, more Pirate like.

"What do you mean...new member?" He blushed when the black haired man turned to face him. Corpse's dull green eyes softened when they landed on the scared boy's face. He ruffled his hair before dragging him down a hall to the meeting room.

Corpse flung the door opened and locked it behind them so they wouldn't be interrupted, both were breathing hard after running for so long. Sykkuno sunk down into a swivel chair and spun to face the vast starry space beyond the window. He couldn't remember when they'd taken off, it had been undetected unlike his own spaceship.

"I already miss them..." He sighed and rested his chin in his hand. He looked up to see Corpse standing next to the window with his arms crossed, staring outside with unfocused eyes.

"I've always been like this, you know? Afraid. O-Of everything..." The pirate's voice broke, Sykkuno jumped up from the chair but didn't move towards him

"Corpse-"

"My anonymity is the most important thing to me. That's why I made those songs and didn't take the credit for them, I wanted to remain unknown. Because as soon as people find out that I, Corpse the space Pirate king, is the singer/songwriter of some of the most popular interstellar music...my career is over, to say the least" he continued sheepishly, still not looking at Sykkuno who was now standing behind him. The pizza boy wanted to soak up as much vulnerability from the criminal as he could, because he knew that Corpse could snap and their fragile relationship would be reset.

Pop!

The sound of a snap-button being undone caught his attention. His head shot up to see a leather mask being haphazardly thrown at the table behind them, Corpse was still turned to the window so Sykkuno could only see his back and broad shoulders.

He sighed a tired sigh and drug a hand down his face, a yawn followed close behind. Sykkuno could've sworn time stopped for a moment as Corpse slowly turned around.

Tan skin, freckles and endless green eyes was all he could look at. Sykkuno never wanted Corpse to put on his mask again, it was a step in the right direction and he had no intentions of losing his connection to the man in front of him.

"C-Corpse...?" The Pirate didn't respond for a minute, a small smile reaching his lips. Sykkuno was confused at the mischievous twinkle he saw in his eyes. The boy was scanning Corpse's face endlessly, amazed at how perfectly every mole and scar was etched into his honey skin. Sykkuno stood there flustered for a few more moments, without thinking he grabbed the rough hands in front of him with a smile.

"Thanks...for trusting me"

"There's something I want to show you tomorrow" Corpse blurted, not intentionally ignoring Sykkuno's comment, he was just too awkward and embarrassed to respond.

"O-Okay"
__________

A few hours later Corpse had called his gang members to the control console room for a briefing, by then he had snapped his mask back on and handed one to Sykkuno.

"For protection" he had told him. Sykkuno stood in the corner of the room away from the scary looking people to avoid any unwanted conversation. He wasn't really paying attention to Corpse, only admiring his handsome features like a high-school fan girl.

"-after one of our recent infiltration missions, it has come to attention that we are being followed." The whole room fell into silence after hearing their leader's shocking statement. A man with dirty blonde hair and piercing blue eyes stood next to Corpse, (a little too closely if you asked Sykkuno) and glared that the pizza boy from the head of the table. Sykkuno shrunk down slightly where he was standing,

"-Dream if you have any questions about the additional required weapons training. Alright then, anyone got any questions?" The blonde man nodded and directed a group of people out the door. Someone pointed in Sykkuno's direction who covered his eyes and tried to be invisible.

"Who the hell is that fool in the back?" A short, angry woman spat in his direction

"That fool-" Corpse's voice was reaching a dangerous tone,

"Is my guest. None of you will talk to, creep on or even glance in his direction! Do you understand me?!" He boomed, voice projecting easily without a microphone. He strolled to the back and snatched up Sykkuno in his arms, glaring accusingly at his employees

"So don't you idiots touch him got it?!" He pointed at the room and shouted like a little kid who was about to get his favorite toy taken away, Sykkuno smacked his arm harshly with a very red face.

"G-Get me out of here please"
____________________________________

Hi guys! Thank you so much for reading this chapter and I apologize for the delay, I was having writers block lol

I'll continue to update so thank you for the support, if you want to, check out my poetry book that I have. It's nothing fan fiction related, it was just something I vomited onto my phone one night. I hope you all have a lovely day/night!

-Unreliable author, Opal🌟