|| Psalms ||

"Sykkuno wait!-" Corpse leapt off of the console he was sitting on and was about to rush after Sykkuno when a surprisingly strong arm stopped him. He felt arms around his waist and turned to look at Bretman.

"You should just let him go...I'm better for you anyways Corpsie" he purred, Corpse sighed and removed himself from Bretman with a conflicted expression

"Look- I told you that was only gonna be a one time thing, I really like Sykkuno a lot. I finally understand my feelings now and this is the first time that I've wanted to have relationship with someone, not just a fling-"

"Whatever." Bretman scooped up his jacket and stormed down the plank the way that Sykkuno had previously ran. Corpse weaved around Bretman and sprinted into the building to search for the pizza boy. None of his employees seemed to know where he was hiding which was a tad bit concerning to the man, people didn't just straight up disappear and in the business that Corpse was running anything could happen. Dangerous things.

"Sykkuno! Please come out I'm sorry about what you saw! It wasn't what it looked like!" He was searching every corner and hiding spot he could think of, all of the pirates he passed were bewildered at the thought of their fearless and unforgiving leader sobbing while running down a hallway. He skidded to a stop in the doorway of his office, huffing with hair falling over his eyes.
__________
Sykkuno had ran straight to what he discovered to be Corpse's office and threw himself down on the plush leather couch, Jack and Felix entered the room shorty after hearing the distraught delivery boy.

"Sykkuni..? What happened buddy?" Said male has grown somewhat attached to Jack after the friendly encounters he's had with him, he hoped that someday they could become friends.

"Corpse...and Bretman" he sobbed while clinging dramatically onto his two new onlookers, Felix let out an exasperated sigh and pushed Sykkuno off of him

"You're obviously overthinking it, Corpse used to be a player but he's recently devoted himself to pursuing you Sykkuno. I doubt he'd cheat like that-"

"But we're not even dating" he blushed

"The way he talks about you all the time to us makes me want to throw up, we used to be big bad pirates that would steal and pillage whole planets are star fleets but now everything we do ends up circling back to you kid" Jack laughed and patted Sykkuno on the shoulder which only made his face turn a more flushed shade of rouge.

"I-I, that's not-"

SLAM!

The door nearly busted off the hinges, the three men's heads shot towards the noise in surprise. There stood the topic of conversation, Corpse, dripping in sweat with his hair covering most of his face. Sykkuno lept off the chair and raced over to the pirate who threw his arms around his small waist; Sykkuno's sobbing ceased shortly after relishing in the strong arms of Corpse.

Jack and Felix promptly exited the room and locked the door behind them after sensing the undeniable tension between the two.

"Sykkuno I'm so sorry...it really wasn't what it looked like" he threw his mask somewhere in the room and grabbed his crush's shoulders, Corpse looked him in the eyes; both were filled with emotion.
__________
The day was drawing to a close and as the two boys were walking back to the Black Cobra Sykkuno had a revelation. He tugged on Corpse's hand,

"What did you want to show me yesterday...Corpse?" The Pirate was staring off into space, Sykkuno had to lightly smack his face to bring him back down to reality. Corpse busted out in laughter and grinned at Sykkuno before pulling him down a hallway he'd never been before.

"You're not gonna tell me, are you?"

"Nope!" Corpse was extremely giddy for some reason, but Sykkuno appreciated his burst of energy. It was nice to know that the pirate wasn't always doom and gloom, at least not around the pizza delivery boy. They climbed a few flights of stairs before arriving at a set of heavy metal doors to which Corpse pushed open without hesitation.

Sykkuno's world was suddenly filled with the scent of hibiscus, surrounded by tropical plants and wildlife. It reminded him a lot of the zoos and conservatories on his home planet, Earth. Corpse pulled him closer and whispered in his ear,

"Look up" He smiled. Sykkuno's eyes trailed upward in wonder, above them was a large dome-shaped roof that gave way to the night sky. While he was looking away, Corpse had switched off the lights and they were left in darkness; but the light of the moon and the fireflies around them lit up the entire place. Sykkuno ran around the entire place like a kid in a theme park, he spun back around to face Corpse who was looking at him with loving eyes.

"It amazing!" He called, plopping himself down on a stone bench with a laugh. Corpse jogged over and placed himself next to Sykkuno

"You're beautiful....you know that Sykkuno?"

"C-Corpse?!" His face was flushed red as the pirate brushed a stray hair strand out of Sykkuno's face. He was absolutely in love with him, he wanted to confess-

"Adam."

"W-What do you mean-"

"That's my name, so you should call me it. Corpse is for business but for you princess, just Adam is perfect" He leaned in towards Sykkuno's lips and the world slowed for a minute.

"Can I kiss you Sykkuno?" He asked shyly, said boy laughed and pulled back slightly

"I suppose I should give you my real name too then. It's Thomas" He smiled

This time Thomas leaned in and placed his lips softly on Adam's plush ones and the whole world seemed to be complete.
______
The two had sat there awhile longer and leaned into each other, looking up at the stars in foolish mortal wonder.

"Adam..?" Thomas looked to his right to see his love staring right back at him with the same passion filled eyes that he saw in himself every morning when he looked in the mirror

"I-I think I love you."
____________________________________
Hi everyone, thanks for sticking with me and my obnoxious update schedule throughout the course of this story :)

The next chapter will be the epilogue/plot hole filler chapter where I'll go through the whole book and try to clear up as much confusion as possible! I had originally planned on continuing the story with them dating but I think it's more wholesome if I end it on a confession. This is the first story I've ever written that I'm proud to show my family and friends, maybe someday I'll be able to write a proper book. Thank you all for the support, I love you guys 🥲

-Your author, Opal🌟