|| Esther ||

Corpse had never sprinted so fast in his life.

He slammed open his apartment door to see Sykkuno curled up in a corner, either dead or sleeping. He ran over and began shaking him awake,

"H-Hey...princess, you have to get up now...please" he pleaded with the boy who was steadily returning to the world. Sykkuno's big chocolate eyes blinked up at him, a concerning look lacing his face.

"Corpse...whas wrong?" He slurred, still not fully awake. Sykkuno's cheeks were dusted pink and he had a lazy, lopsided grin that made Corpse want to-

"I know you don't understand right now kkuni but you have to get up, right now. There's bad people coming that want to take me away from you and all my friends-"

"I-I'm your friend..?" Sykkuno was beginning to tear up, Corpse sighed with a light-hearted laugh and scooped up the brown haired boy in his arms like he was weightless.

"I'm both impressed and disappointed that friend was the only thing you heard.." he pouted, which seemed to wake Sykkuno up quite a bit. The boy reached up and patted Corpse's head with a smile which almost made the two of them topple to the ground, the action had startled the criminal. He appeared childlike in that moment, and Sykkuno wished that Corpse would always look that innocent and carefree.

Their intimacy was cut short by the ship rattling in an unsettling way, and the sound of clanking boots rushing about both above and below them.

"W-We should go." Corpse muttered and set Sykkuno down on the ground, pulling him by the wrist this time towards a safe room that contained escape pods that would hyperjump them to the nearest space Pirate base if necessary. Sykkuno couldn't help but notice that all of them were empty except for one which held a man in a black suit with ashy blonde hair. He was wearing a pilot's uniform and nodded at Corpse when they came to the loading deck.

Corpse was standing a few feet away from Sykkuno, speaking in hushed whispers to the man he now knew as Dream. Suddenly the boy was being rushed into the seat behind the pilot and strapped in hastily, Sykkuno couldn't understand why but something compelled him to thrash against Corpse's strong grip.

"N-No wait!" He cried

"Sykkuno im sorry but there's no time-"

"I want to come with you" Sykkuno pleaded abruptly, he could've sworn Corpse's eyes looked almost amused.

"Absolutely not." The pirate's response was stern as he pinned Sykkuno to his chair so Dream could strap him in. The boy began to cry softly,

"W-What if you get hurt?! What if...what if they kill you o-or I don't know-"

"I'm not putting you in danger for no reason kkuni. If I have the option to save someone I care about, I'd do it without second thought" Corpse sighed

"I-I don't want to leave you..." Sykkuno's last attempt almost made Corpse snap and give in, until he heard Dream clear his throat

"If you don't mind, I'll be launching now. See you later...boss" Corpse nodded swiftly, not noticing Dream's malicious tone.
——
As they were floating away from the Black Cobra, Sykkuno was watching the fire fight take place with wonder. He could pick out Corpse's small fighter jet from within the sea of sleek gray of arrow shaped planes. He was clearly the fastest and best trained pilot, as his precise movements were obvious to the untrained eye. Sykkuno only hoped that they'd win swiftly so he could be reunited with the criminal he'd become so dependent on.

The one he'd grown to love.

Sykkuno and Dream were nearing a small blue planet that looked suspiciously like Earth, making Sykkuno anxious almost immediately. He swiveled back around to face Dream who had removed his headset and appeared to be sleeping.