Epilogue

(This video of Tommy and Corpse is lovely)
____________________________________
-6 MONTHS LATER-

"YOU LEFT ME TO DIE" Sykkuno screamed at his friends through the holo-comm link, this had been the first time they'd spoken since Sykkuno's ...unfortunate encounter with alien felines. Which ultimately left him with an irrational fear of cats and a dislike for large dining halls. Corpse was standing next to his lover with a comforting hand on his back, though nothing could really calm Sykkuno's rage; his friends had betrayed him and left him to die.

"So you'd rather stay with the space mafia king who you met 8 months ago than continue living with your best friends whom you've known for most of your life" Toast was furious as well, he was certainly not ready to give up Sykkuno and his innocence to a well known criminal and intergalactic murderer. His eyes flicked over to said pirate who Toast was sure that if he wasn't wearing that mask, would be sneering at him.

"Sykkuno have you even seen his face?" Rae had been in tears for the duration of the call, it was breaking her heart to see her friends fighting. But she knew deep down that they weren't going to win him back. They abandoned him on an unknown planet (though they intended to retrieve him and arrived just as the Black Cobra was leaving)

Sykkuno spun around to face Corpse who's eyes were full of love and worry for him, the pirate bent down slightly and unsnapped one side of his mask so he could whisper,

"I don't mind if you go and visit them, or decide that you still want to live with them. Because I'll always find you Thomas, (editor note: that actually sounds really creepy) I'm not just going to leave you because you want to visit your friends" The hand that was on Sykkuno's back moved up to the back of his head, where Corpse patted his hair softly with a smile. The boy turned back to face the screen

"I'm only coming back to get my stuff and then I'm moving in with Corpse. I've been needing a change of pace from the deliveries, everything was getting mundane. I love you all and you'll always be my best friends but-"

"You need some room to grow, right?" Toast interrupted with teary eyes. He was going to miss his best friend, Sykkuno nodded with a light smile and he wrapped his arms around Corpse who gave him a soft kiss on his forehead.

The only ones who were actually upset about Corpse and Sykkuno being together were Poki and Dream. It was obvious that the blonde haired man still had feelings for his ex-boyfriend and he was sure to give them hell in the future for being together but the shocking part was Poki, who as the crewmates learned has had a crush on Sykkuno ever since high school. She just never owned up to it until she confessed to Rae a few days ago. The crewmates had agreed not to tell the happy couple because it would just complicate things for them and at the end of the day Sykkuno and Poki were still friends.

Rae turned her head lightly to stare at Poki who was leaned up against a wall in the back corner, barely in view of the holo comm. The pair made brief eye contact before Rae spoke up,

"We love you Sykkuno!" She smiled while waving and abruptly hung up the call

--------

Things had been quiet the past few weeks on the Black Cobra compared to earlier months, largely because of Sykkuno. He insisted that the pirates way of conducting...business go under complete reform which lead to a big debate on the ethics of their business as a whole. In the end, Corpse was a simp for his lover and agreed to not harm innocent people and planets.

Sykkuno had discovered that Corpse was a former crown prince and current leader of the small drug-lord planet Chronos-EX390 when he snuck his way into a business briefing between the captain and other higher ups from various crime organizations. In conversation Corpse always referred to them as "business partners". He snuck in soundlessly through the conference room door to see his boyfriend on a holo-comm call with other important figures, but Corpse noticed him immediately. The only issue, he was still in the presence of those people and was undergoing a very important business deal so he had to act like Sykkuno wasn't standing in the back of the room making kissy faces at him.

"Your Highness, is there something the matter?"

"N-No of course not, back to what you were saying General, please" He grimaced at the look on Sykkuno's face, it was filled with betrayal and anger. He had kept his biggest secret from him.

"It would be wise for you as our long time opioid trade partner to continue the line on Chronos-EX390. Your planet would make good profits-"

"I'll think about it. I'd much rather make big decisions in person" Corpse was short with his words, not in the mood to let any more of his secrets spill out in front of his boyfriend; who was very pissed. And that was something that Sykkuno usually wasn't; after the meeting he pushed himself off the wall and rushed over to Corpse who backed up slowly

"H-Hey Princess" Corpse chuckled, only making Sykkuno more angry. He snarled and gripped the front of his shirt, pushing him against the wall with a heavy thud; he held him there with a dark look on his face

"Oh so you just weren't going to tell me that you're basically a king now? So, what, you're just messing around in space with me when you have genuine responsibilities? Are you kidding me?!" His voice was steadily rising, face getting white hot. It started to scare Corpse a bit, seeing someone so sweet and innocent that enraged.

"I'm really sorry I didn't say anything...there's just been a lot going on" Corpse removed Sykkuno's hands from his shirt and kissed them gently, his lover frowned and punched him softly on the chest.

"Mean..." He mumbled

----------------

A few days had passed since the phone call with Sykkuno's friends, and they were currently on their way to the small bubbly spacecraft to say their goodbyes and collect his belongings. Corpse had prepared a small private cargo ship for them, so they could be alone.

"Are you nervous?" Corpse asked suddenly. He had decided to discontinue wearing his mask when he was around his employees and friends, the only time he'd wear it was when he was on a job or in business meetings.

"I feel bad for being so cold to them all those months, I'm surprised they didn't just throw everything away" A choked laugh escaped Sykkuno's throat, a soft hand patted his head

"They're your friends Princess, and on top of that they're good people. Are you sure you don't want to stay with them for awhile?" he replied reassuringly

"Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"What-" Corpse let out a warm laugh, getting ready to connect a holo-comm link to the crewmates

There was an awkward moment of silence before static was heard and an eerily realistic image of Sykkuno's friends appeared before them

"SYKKUNO, WE MISSED YOU" He was met with a chorus of greetings, face becoming flushed almost immediately

"H-Hey guys..." Sykkuno covered his mouth with a laugh

"Told you they'd be happy" Corpse teased

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there dear readers! This is the last official chapter of Space Pirate and wow. I'm so thankful that so many people took the time to read my story, it gives me the confidence to write in the future. Normally yk people stereotype fanfiction as something overly-sexual or obsessive (which is true sometimes) but with Space Pirate I wanted to just write about something that I'm interested in.

Space :)

The only reason I write fanfiction and not normal scfi/romance/action/whatever is because I'm horrible at picking character names. I had been pondering the idea of making a scfi story for awhile because it's my favorite genre and was like hey Sykkuno and Corpse are cool. I don't actually think they're dating or whatever, I just think it's a cute ship. I will never write something sexual about two real people that I don't even know because that kinda seems wrong in my opinion. So if you're looking for smut from me, you don't find it lol

So I say this is the last official chapter because I know there's plot holes so I want you guys to comment anything you didn't understand in the comments and I'll answer all of them in the next part as well as plot holes I know exist. I'll probably include my notes for my next story Jailbreak so stay tuned for that!

THANK YOU, I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH

(You guys are hilarious)

Your author always,
Opal🌟