Chapter 9

Heir

He returned the hug squeezing me tight. "I love you." I whispered. "I love you more." He replied.

We pulled away and while I was grabbing my coat I noticed him unbutton his third button. I didn't realize but the tattoo he got on his chest was slightly revealed. I loved it.

We made it to the restaurant. He parked the car and we got out holding hands. "You know I did  steal your parking space." He nudged me. "Huh?" I was confused. "When we first met, you argued with me about a parking space ." He giggled. "You remembered that." I asked. "Of course how could I forget you arguing with me with the cute little tough look on your face." He replied. I chuckled. "You were being a jerk." I said. "But you're better now." I nudged him.

We made it inside and I froze as I saw Jungkook's father at the table with the rest of parents. I could feel Jungkook's mood immediately become angry. I knew he was furious. He was clenching his jaw in pure anger. I squeezed his hand, initiating to him that he should calm down.

Jungkook glanced at me as he softened his gaze. I loved that I had that effect on him. I could calm him so easily. He would never ever get mad with me. But when he's upset he coops himself up in his office so he won't lash out on me. I always try to get him to talk about it although he's not a huge fan of talking about his feelings. But slow progress has been made.

We sat down at the table, Jungkook sat extremely close to me in a sort of protective manner. "Y/n, you look lovely." His mother complimented. I smiled, "Thank you and so do you." I could almost feel the tension in the air choking me.

The parents were conversing although Jungkook remained rather quiet. His father seemed to have moved on and pretended nothing happened. How could he do that. I could tell Jungkook was extremely upset. I kept drawing little patterns in the palm of Jungkook's hand as I conversed, as a way to calm him.

After a while of chatting and eating, his father spoke. "New tattoo Jungkook?" He asked. Jungkook, who was sipping his drink shot his eyes up. "Yeah it is." He replied with a very cold tone.

"What's it about?" His father asked. He seemed rather interested in Jungkook's tattoos even after his father was the reason he got tattoos.

"It's about my wife." He replied. "That's true Y/n has a matching one." My mother spoke. I didn't tell the rest of the parents about his father sending the divorce papers. I didn't want to cause any trouble between the elders.

His father glanced at me. Scanning me in search of the tattoo. Suddenly he spotted the cursive handwriting engraved into my skin as I was holding my cup.

"Well then you both have been growing on each other nicely." His father spoke eyeing Jungkook and I. "Of course, they're in love." His mother cheered.

"If you're so in love then when will we be getting a grandchild?" He asked. I noticed Jungkook's head snap towards him. "We...arent-" Jungkook cut me off. "We aren't having a child so you could make it next in line for the company!" Jungkook snapped.

His father widened his eyes. Oh no. "Then when are you planning on it, the Jeon industry must live on." His father spoke calmly. Jungkook scoffed . "Fuck the Jeon industry." Jungkook stood up grabbing my hand. "I don't see any other reason why you should have a child rather than having one to take over." His father scoffed. "It's what my grandfather did, what my father did...." he went on. "And it's what I did." His father boomed. "Sung ho!" His mother gasped.

Jungkook's face became redder and I swore I could see steam coming out from his ears. "My child will have no association with you!" Jungkook yelled making a scene in the restaurant. "Stay the fuck away from MY family!" Jungkook screamed before he dragged me out of the restaurant.

"Jungkook....." I called out to him who was squeezing my hand tightly. We made it to the car park. He slowly eat go of my hand and uttered......"He never wanted me......"