Chapter 31

Box

A few weeks passed and everything seemed to
be back to normal. I had my husband back. And I couldn't be happier. Today was his Birthday! And he didn't seem to remember what he did while he lost his memories. So he had no idea of the gift that was waiting for him in the garage.

His father stopped him from boxing. Even though it was something he enjoyed. He never seemed to have time to return to it. And if it was something he loved so much then I wanted to be the one to provide him with it.

I slipped out of bed early to make breakfast. I had the entire day planned. It was going to be awesome. Suddenly as I was topping the pancakes with fluffy whipped cream I heard footsteps and little doggie steps following.

"Surprise!" I cheered as he appeared in the kitchen. A smile formed on his sleepy face. "Happy Birthday babe!" I hugged him squeezing him tightly. "Thank you sweetheart." He kissed my head embracing me.

I tried to pull away but he tightened his grip. "Let's stay like this for a while......" he mumbled still hugging me. The atmosphere as quiet as he warmed me in his arms. Nothing but the sound of the birds chirping outside was heard. And I loved it. The still quietness, of love.

Soon our fun filled day came to an end and we had to attend a family dinner. "Best Birthday ever." He hummed as he back hugged me whilst I put my earrings on. "I'm happy you had fun." I spun around to look at him as I leaned against the sink.

"Maybe some more fun tonight....." his hand creeped up my bare thigh. "No no no..." I declined. "Why not?! It's my birthday." He pouted. "I'm on my period, Kookie." I spun around trying to fix my messy hair. "So a little blood never hurt anyone." He smirked. I rolled my eyes but he suddenly slapped my but cheek. "Don't roll your eyes at me." He said firmly before kissing my cheek. I smiled before leaving the bathroom.

I put my coat on and we headed out to his parents home. We soon arrived and was greeted by one of the maids. Jungkook removed my coat for me whilst keeping me close to him.

We made it to the dining room where everyone awaited. His father was even there. I didn't expect him to be there. It's been almost 3 months since he has spoken to his father. I just hope his dad doesn't ruin his night.

Jungkook's hand remained on my thigh as we conversed and ate. He opened his gifts from his parents and my mom. He was just so perfect. His father remained rather quiet. It confused me and by Jungkook's expression it confused him as well. But I was thankful that he had a great birthday. But I still have his gift from me to give him and a surprise at home.

"Happy Birthday Jungkook." His mother kissed his cheek and hugged me before bidding us goodbye leaving his father without a word.

We made it home. "You seem bubbly." He spoke looking at my happy state. "I have a surprise." I smiled. Matching my smile he spoke, "Another surprise? You're spoiling me." He huffed playfully. I lead him to the garage and opened the door.

Jungkook POV

She opened the door to the garage and it revealed boxing equipment. Boxing. She remembered. After all this time. She remembered how much I missed it. "I know how much you missed it after your father forbid you.....so I wanted to bring back something you loved doing." She said with her eyes meeting mine. My words couldn't express how much I loved her at that point. She understood everything about me. My struggle. My pain. My hurt. And she didn't judge, but she comforted me. And I love her so much.