Chapter 23

Street Food

A couple of days passed and today we were out getting dinner. "Where you wanna eat baby?" He asked. Baby. He started calling me baby, a few months ago. It makes me feel so precious to him.

"Sweetheart?" He called waving his hand infront of my face. "Oh sorry I zoned out, let's go get lamb skewers!" I cheered. He giggled lightly at my excitement.

We arrived at the street food stalls. The scent of yummy eats filled my nostrils and we strolled hand in hand. He kept me close to him, as a sort of protection. I loved it, it made me feel safe.

We stopped at the stall and bought our food. "Mm yum." I ate the yummy meal. After we ate, "Let's go get ice cream!" I suggested. He agreed with a smile.

We got our ice cream and walked hand in hand looking at the beautiful buildings. Just then I felt him pull me closer and his hand rested on my butt. I looked at him, and noticed he was death staring a man. "Keep your fucking eyes to yourself." Jungkook snarled as we quickly left the scene. I looked at him. "What was all that about?" I asked. "That guy was staring at your ass." He scoffed. I giggled at his overprotective side.

We were walking happily enjoying each other's presence. It was so calming. I loved it. I glanced at the little tattoo through his loose buttons. It made me think back about the tattoo of my name near his v line. It was so sexy. I loved it. Just like I loved him.

Jungkook POV

"Ou! Kookie, let's go get boba tea!" She cheered. I couldn't help but smile at her. She was so beautiful, and perfect in every possible way.

"Ok baby let's go." I grabbed her hand gently. We were walking when suddenly head lights were seen blinding my eyes. I noticed Y/n, still walking. No. No no no.

I ran towards her and pushed her out of the way. The blinding light approached and suddenly everything went black.

Y/n POV

I felt someone push me forcefully. I suddenly heard car tires screech. I spun around to the worst sight. "Jungkook!" I shrieked. He was laying on the road lifeless. I took his head onto my lap trying to wake him up. My hands were stained with blood from his bruised head. Tears pooled out of my eyes.

I was now at the hospital waiting for him to come out of surgery. My hands were shaking in fear. I was chanting little prayers under my breath. "He'll be ok Y/n, don't worry." My mom comforted me. I was shaking in fear. My heart was almost physically breaking. It hurt so much.

After about two hours, the doctor emerged from the doors. "Wife?" He asked. I nodded standing up even though my legs felt like jelly.

"He has suffered some minor injury to the head and one broken rib, but other than that he's just fine." The doctor informed. I sighed in relief. "You can go see him." He spoke. Everyone else was asleep so I ventured into his room.

I sat at his beside. "Why did you push me out of the way......" I whispered. "Why did you do that babe...." I cried as I caressed his cheek and held his hand. He looked so pale but he still managed to seem so handsome. I gazed at his chest tattoo that was revealed.

I'd be dead if it weren't for him. He risked his entire life for me. Why? I'm not that important. He's more important. He's my everything. I wouldn't know how to live without him.
After a couple of hours I was sitting next to him trying to to fall asleep.

Just then I felt his hand shuffle in mine a bit. I peeked up gazing at him awaiting him to wake up. His eyes slowly peeked open scanning the room and his surroundings. "Kookie?" I called making him aware of my presence. Just then everyone came into the room. I looked at him as he gazed at me. "How are you feeling babe?" I asked cupping his cheek. But to my surprise he looked at me with confusion? Then he spoke.

"Um who are you?"