Chapter 18

Dad

He suddenly cupped my cheek deepening the kiss. I tried pulling away but he kept his strong grip on me. "Jungkook...." I mumbled against his lips. "Round two?" He asked. "No, people are gonna wonder where we are." I declined. "Fine." He sighed. He made sure not to be too rough since he knew I had to walk. We exited the bathroom still trying to straighten up. His arm was interlocked with mine holding me up, a bit.

We arrived at the table again, and felt stares at us. Suddenly someone spoke. "You hav lipstick on your lower lip Jungkook." My sister pointed out. I averted my eyes away quickly while Jungkook tried to quickly wipe away the pink substance off his lips.

My sister smirked and nudged me. "Stop." I scowled. "You two can't keep your hands off each other." She smirked. I rolled my eyes.

A couple of weeks passed at it was now June. Yuna and Taehyung are living happily at their new home. I was super happy for them. Just then I got a phone call. I excused myslef and answered. "Hey kookie." I smiled. He sighed slightly. He seemed sad. "Sweetheart." He called in a sad tone. "Jungkook what's wrong? You're scaring me?" I asked with concern. "It's your dad.......he's in the hospital......" Jungkook spoke. I was stunned. My heart dropped.

"I'm outside come downstairs I'll drive you." He said. I rushed to the elevator and ran to the lobby. "Jungkook-" I called. "It's ok, he's stable for now." Jungkook informed. "For now?!? What do you mean for now?!?" I asked. "I'll explain on the way there." He helped me into the car and we sped off.

We rushed to the hospital. I spotted my mom with worry and sadness written all over her face. "Mom." I called out to her. "Y/n." She hugged me gently. "How is he??" I asked. "H-He isn't well....." my mother spoke with sadness in her tone.

"He had a heart attack, we're not sure what his recovery will look like." She spoke sitting down. I was stunned. My brain couldn't process, what was going on. "W-What...." I managed to utter. I felt weak but thankfully Jungkook was there to my rescue.
He held me up carefully as I held onto his arm for support. This can't be happening.

My dad was asleep, he had many tubes attached to him as his monitor beeped filling the silence in the room. I was almost shaking. My sister sat next to me awaiting him to wake up. Jungkook's hand never left mine. I was lightly squeezing it now and then.

So many things were running through my mind. I couldn't believe what was happening. My heart was racing. My dad and I are so close. I wouldn't know what to if something happened to him.

Soon after he awoke we spoke with the doctors. "We are doing everything we can, but there is no guarantee he'll make it, I'm sorry." The doctor spoke. I held onto Jungkook for support. I felt weak to my knees. My sister couldn't believe what she was hearing.

He's not going to make it?!?!? My mother stood in shock. She looked numb. She didn't know what to think or how to process what was happening. I felt my heart shatter.

Two days passed and my dad's condition was worsening. My mother ended up sending me home. She said I was worrying too much, and I show up get some rest. How was I supposed to rest when my father is on life support.

"What if he dies?" I asked as my back was faced towards Jungkook while we laid restless in bed. "He won't." Jungkook assured. "How are you so positive." I questioned as his fingers tangled in my hair. Caressing gently trying to calm me.

"You have to think positive baby." He spoke quietly trying to not make me sad, about the situation. But deep down he knew my dad wasn't going to be ok. He was just being strong for me. I turned to face him. "I love you." I spoke with tears in my eyes. "I love you too sweetheart." He hugged me gently, as the silent tears escaped my eyes.