Chapter 42

Safe

Jungkook POV

She wasn't responding. I quickly scooped her into my arms and raced down the steps. I couldn't let her die on me. I can't. I love her and I have to save her.

To my delight the exit was just ahead. Thank fucking god. I raced outside. The ambulance and police were already here. "Please help, my wife." I spoke to the paramedic. I placed her on the stretcher. Please be ok. I cupped her cheek, but they took her away into the ambulance. I got inside and looked over her still body.

We arrived at the hospital and she was taking into intensive care. I was waiting in the waiting room, eager to here results.

Y/n POV

I fluttered my eyes open. Where am I? I glanced to the side to see Jungkook holding my hand resting his head in his palm. His face looks red and his eyes puffy. I could tell he was crying. I tried to move but accidentally woke him up. "Sweetheart, you're awake." He cupped my cheek with a smile. "Hi kookie." I grinned. In that moment I thought I lost him but now I know I'm safe. With him as always.

Realization hit me. "Kai. I left him is he-" I was cut off by Jungkook. "He's ok, injured but should be fine when he's serving time of course." He said. I sighed in relief. Kai did do horrible things but he shouldn't deserve to die.

"The building? How's the damage?" I asked. "A lot but fixable, hopefully." He said. I frowned. "But I'm not worried because I have you, and that's all I need." He pressed his forehead against mine before kissing my lips gently. " I love you, you know that?" I said. "I love you more." He uttered.

A couple of weeks passed and Jungkook was working from home of course. Lots of yelling and screaming but I got used to it. I wondered if he was this harsh back at the office. Kai was sentenced to jail. I was happy we wouldn't have to worry about him anymore. Although we haven't heard from Jungkook's father in ages. They still haven't been talking. I hope they fix things.

"No you fucking idiot!" I heard a voice from his office. "Jungkook! Language!" I scolded. He emerged from the hallway and approached me in the kitchen. "Sorry it's just they make me so mad." He rolled his eyes before holding my waist gently. He scooped me up and placed me onto the kitchen counter.

He kissed my lips deeply with one hand behind my neck and another running up and down my thigh as I wrapped my legs around his waist. I linked my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me. The kiss became heated but I pulled away. He continued kissing my face traveling down to my neck. "Jungkook...don't you have work to do?" I asked as he sucked on my neck. "It can wait." He winked.

I love him. So so much. I never thought I would ever come to live the man my parents married me off to. I wondered how strong our love was for each other to overcome everything we've been through. I didn't think I would like a marriage with him but at the end of the day I think I'm very happy with the arrangement.....especially with him....