𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭

Madelyn woke up with a smile on her face

Madelyn woke up with a smile on her face. She was going to spend the day and night with her mate, just the two of them. The Cullens were going on a hunting trip, without Nathaniel of course. Her dad was on a fishing trip with Billy and Harry, they had proposed Madelyn to come with them as she liked it when she was younger, but she refused because she had plans.

Charlie knew someone new was in her life. Yes, she had new friends, but this past few days, his daughter seemed to glow. She was happier and while he knew Bella was getting on her nerves, she kept smiling. He wished Madelyn would introduce her special someone to him as they had a close relationship, but he didn't want to pry. He knew he would meet them eventually.

She got up early and avoided Bella when she tried to corner her. She walked out of the house and down the street, in case her sister was spying on where she was going. Looking over her shoulder, she took a shortcut in the forest. Madelyn looked around her quickly and took her clothes off. She put them against a tree and shifted into her wolf form.

Immediately, she felt great peace. Her paws brushing repeatedly the ground, she ran towards the Cullen's house. The forest's scent was comforting her after her long week. Madelyn went into the forest this week, but it was for patrolling, not to enjoy it really.

She met Nathaniel near the front door. He was already running towards her when he smelled her first.

"Hi pup, had a safe trip here?" He smirked teasingly at her, kissing her snout. Madelyn rolled her eyes at the nickname and growled warningly. As a payback, she licked his face and ran when she heard her imprint groaning in annoyance.

"Run as fast as you can, I'll still be able to catch you, mon amour, [my love]" He cried out when he saw his wolf was already out of view.

He went after her, following her divine scent. He was excited as it was the first time they were running together, with his mate in her wolf form. Nathaniel saw her far away from him, but he caught up with her after going faster.

They were now besides each other and exchanged a look. The tree were a blur in the corner of their eyes, but their eyes were locked onto one other. They felt like they were connecting in a new way, discovering a new side of themselves. They eventually stopped running, when Nathaniel passed the wolf to stop her, getting in front of her with outstretched arms.

Madelyn pounced on him, bringing him to the ground beneath her. She, again, licked his face a few times, getting an annoyed but fond sigh out of her imprint. She rubbed her face affectionately in the crook of his neck and Nathaniel was glad he didn't need to breath since she was crushing him. He still ran his hand on her fur, getting a pleased rumbling sound in the back of her throat.

After a few minutes, Madelyn went back on her paws and nudged the vampire with her huge head. In her wolf form, the Swan girl was the same height as her imprint, maybe a little taller. She took advantage of it and snuggled her head against his lovingly. He brushed his hand on her side, winking at her before speeding away. Growling under her breath, she went after him.