𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐧 𝐞 𝐮 𝐟

"So, what do we do now? We have too many things to deal with without adding the blood singer," Rosalie crossed her arms

"I'll just alter her mind again. Hoping she would not remember this time," Nathaniel sighed and rubbed his mate's side. Alice's eyes glazed over nothing as she was sucked into a vision.

The first scene was disturbing. It showed Bella, who was running in the school's hallway, screaming at everyone that the Cullens were vampires. She seemed to have lost her mind. 

"THEY'RE VAMPIRES. I PROMISE, I SAW THEM. I GOT BIT BY ONE," She motioned to her wrist, where James had bitten her. The small group of students that were around her started to be afraid of her. Vampires? Really? "But my Edward saved me... but he didn't turn me. Please, you have to get him, he has to turn me so we can be together forever!" Bella continued yelling. 

The vision changed. It wasn't at school anymore, but in the middle of the street in front of the Swan's house. The weather was rather dark that day. It was raining heavily and it only added more to the somber aura that the vision had. One of the people was blurry, but Alice recognized the Swan wolf. Madelyn and Nathaniel were standing in front of each other. The shapeshifter had tears in her eyes while the vampire had this dark look in his. He didn't seem to recognize the girl as his mate. Madelyn felt like a stranger to him. 

"Nate... please. Listen to me," Madelyn tried to press her hand on his cheek, but he pushed her back.

"Go away," Nathaniel spat, trying to walk past her.

"My love, it's me. Nate, wake up, please..." She pleaded, finally being able to cup his face. Madelyn made him look at her in the eyes, hoping he was going to get out of this dark stance he was in. 

"I said go away," He roared, pushing Madelyn back sharply. The shapeshifter didn't expect to get attack by her imprint and she fell a few meters away. 

"What are you doing..." She whimpered lowly, trying to back away from him when Nathaniel walked to her menacingly. Madelyn's back was bleeding, but it healed quickly. She didn't really feel the physical pain, but the pain in her heart made her cried out. Her imprint was rejecting her. 

"I'm doing what I should have done decades ago," He got down in front of Madelyn, tilting her chin up with a finger and smirked wickedly. "You really thought I would stay by your side forever, mon amour [my love]?"  Nathaniel mocked her, wrapping his hand tightly around her neck and bringing her closer to his face. Madelyn tried to kick him back, but he restrained her. "My gift hasn't been offered to me so I could be in stupid coven playing sweet mortal life," He glared at the girl before him and started to choke her harder. 

"Nate, please. Stop it, this isn't you," She wanted to tell more, but Nathaniel slammed her head on the concrete. Her breath hitched. 

"Oh darling," He frowned with fake sadness, shaking his head. "This is the real me. I want everyone to kneel before me," His smirk was back. "With my gift, I can control the vampire world. Hell, I can control the entire world if I wanted to. You are an obstacle that prevents me from reaching my goal. I should have killed you when I had the occasion," Madelyn was crying silently, staring at the man before her. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of making any pain noises. Madelyn felt like a part of her was being ripped from her body.