𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞

The next morning was a shock for Madelyn

The next morning was a shock for Madelyn. Today was the day it might end all. She couldn't help but worry about the Volturi. It seemed like no matter what they would say, no matter how much witnesses they had, the Volturi would always believe about their guiltiness. And the fact that they were wolf shapeshifters didn't help their case.

Sighing in defeat, she brought the sleeping form of her son closer to her body, leaning her head against his. She would do anything for him, even if it meant she would never see him again. Not wanting to disturb him more in his sleep as it was still too soon, Madelyn got out of the tent, looking around the remaining witnesses. Some were missing as they decided to get away from the group with their mate through the night. They want to spend the time they had left before the meeting with the vampire royalty with their other half.

Madelyn jumped in surprise when her imprint sneaked up on her. Wrapping an arm around her waist, Nathaniel pressed an affectionate kiss on the crown of her hair. Recognizing the reassuring and familiar presence of her husband, the shapeshifter buried her face in the crook of his neck, his sweet scent calming her nerves down.

"Je t'aime, Madelyn Cullen [I love you]" Nathaniel mumbled against her head, rubbing the small of her back lovingly.

"Je t'aime aussi," [I love you too] She smiled up at him, getting on her tiptoes to press her lips to his. "Do you think we'll have time to explain what Aiden really is? I feel like the Volturi will not want to."

"I would feel the same if we wouldn't have Luca with us. He is one of their guards. Even if it had been quite some months he didn't saw them, he is still a Volturi," Nathaniel sat down on a log nearby, guiding his beloved down on his lap by her hips.

"I know, but I don't want to rely on him to keep Aiden safe. It is not fair for him. I feel like we are making him choose between us and the Volturi. Luca had been with them since the beginning, they are his family. And we are his mate's family," Madelyn explained, playing with her imprint's hands that were laying on her lap. Nathaniel couldn't believe his luck to have a so much considering mate.

"You are not making me choose," Luca walked out of the forest, his bronze haired mate following behind him. "Even if they are my family and my coven, I don't agree with everything they do. Slaughtering a whole coven because of something they haven't done, to add a gifted vampire to the guard, is not something I support," He sat down besides the couple. "I want to testify for you guys and for Aiden. You are apart of my family. I want to do this, precisely so that I don't have to choose. There is no way I'll forgive them if they do something to you," Edward was staring at his boyfriend in adoration. He found him gorgeous as he talked about something that he cared so much about.

"Thank you so much Luca," Madelyn's voice shook with emotions as she hugged the ex human drinker tightly. Nathaniel was quick to thank Luca too. With his help, their chance of living through this with their son was higher. And they couldn't be more grateful.