𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞

A week later, Nathaniel hadn't forgiven himself yet

A week later, Nathaniel hadn't forgiven himself yet. Even if Madelyn repeated him that he had nothing to apologize for, he was doing everything so his mate was happy. Even if he was showering her with affection before the vision, he was now being ultra-affectionate. Everyday, Nathaniel brought the girl flowers, surprising her after her patrol's hours. They went on more date nights and the new thing they loved to do was going to La Push for a midnight swim. First Beach was calmer in the middle of the night. 

Eva and Jacob were now officially together and Bella was fuming. The youngest Swan spent some time with them in La Push and she tried to flirt with the shapeshifter, but Eva was more than happy to put her back in her place. 

Tonight was the night Eva, and Bella, incidentally, were learning about the Quileute legends. Madelyn and Nathaniel were helping Emily with the food while the boys went to the beach to prepare the bonfire. Jacob was the one who went to Forks to get both human girls and he was annoyed with the fact that he had to get Bella, but since nobody could watch over her as the Cullens were hunting, he had no choices. 

Everyone was gathered around the raging fire, only waiting for Jacob and the girls to arrive. When they finally did, they joined the rest of the pack and the elders, but Bella stopped the wolf.

"You sure this is okay? I hate being a party crasher," Bella tried to fall back into her innocent role, but everyone noticed her act. Eva rolled her eyes and grabbed Jacob's arm, leading him away. He followed her like a lost puppy. He turned his head a little to answer her.

"For today, it's okay. They think it'll be good for you to hear the histories. And anyway, the bonfire is mainly for Eva as it's the first time she heard them too," Bella glared at the back of Eva's head, pissed at the fact that the bonfire wasn't exclusively for her. However, she ignored his comment. 

"Wait, the histories? The tribe histories? Aren't they... secret?"

"Well, there's nothing left that is a secret to you, isn't that right, Isabella?" Eva cocked her eyebrow and glanced at the Swan girl, who sent her a dark look. Jacob chuckled and rubbed his thumb across his imprint's knuckles. With that, they sat down on the logs. Madelyn waved at Eva excitedly, sitting on Nathaniel's lap, who was pressing kisses on his mate's neck, trying to distract himself from the blood singer's arrival. It was the first time he was in contact with her since Alice's vision and he was slightly nervous. Like she had Jasper's gift and knew what he felt, Madelyn stroked his long black hair back and kissed his forehead before pressing her lips to his. On the other side of the fire, Bella was sending daggers at the couple.

It should have been her.

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning..." Billy started, earning everyone's attention. The older man was a great storyteller and even if the Swan wolf had listened to the legends loads of time, she couldn't stop grinning. "We were great spirit warriors, shapeshifters who could transform into powerful wolves. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe. One day, our warriors came across a creature. It looked like a man, but it was hard like stone and cold as ice. Our warriors' sharp teeth finally tore it apart... but only fire would completely destroy it."