𝐨 𝐧 𝐳 𝐞

The elders agreed to tell Charlie about the pack

The elders agreed to tell Charlie about the pack. They decided to make him a member of the tribe and an ally. It was better for the pack if the chief knew about them, so if some people died because of an "animal", Charlie could try to lead the police away from the wolves during a hunting trip.

The pack was at Sam's house, waiting for Madelyn's dad to arrive. To say she was nervous was an understatement. She was more nervous about telling him about her relationship with Nathaniel than showing him her wolf side. The pack and the elders had agreed on who will tell him about what. Madelyn will show him her wolf form, then the elders will tell him how it happened and from who Madelyn got the gene. They would not mentioned vampires, they will only tell him they were protecting the tribe and humans against something they couldn't tell. Sam will tell him about imprinting and only then, Madelyn will tell him about her imprint.

The cruiser parked into Sam's driveway and a tired chief knocked at the door. Madelyn opened.

"Hey dad," She hugged him tightly and he kissed her forehead, greeting her in return. "You know I told you I'll explain to you some stuff? Well, here we are," Madelyn nodded, trying to give herself some courage.

"Uh okay. Why here though? And why is everyone here?" He asked when he saw the elders and the pack in the living room. 

"They are here to help me telling you, if you could say that," She guided him into the backyard, where she told him to stand very still. 

"Okay, what will happen might be really strange, but please, stay until you know everything. Don't come close to me," After getting a confused nodded from her dad, she ran behind a tree, only to come back as her grey wolf. Charlie stumbled and fell on his bottom, looking confused. Madelyn laid on the ground, making herself smaller and whined. Jared came outside, patting Charlie's shoulder. 

"Uh why is there a giant wolf staring at me? Where is Madelyn?" Charlie asked, doing a staring contest with the wolf in front of him. He was worried about his daughter, where was she?

"Guess the wolf's out of the bag!" They heard from inside the house, turning their head to the house. Jared almost facepalmed. Was now really the time, Paul? He thought. They heard a slap and a small ow, followed by silence. 

"Madelyn is right there, Chief Swan," Jared motioned the grey wolf. Madelyn got back on her paws before going back behind a tree, coming back into her human form. Rubbing her arm, she smiled tentatively at her father, who was just frowning, his eyes shifting between her and Jared.

"Come in, Charlie, we will explain everything," Harry called from the house. Jared took his arm and leaded him inside, as he wasn't moving a bit. Madelyn let out a sigh and stared at the ground. Was it a good idea to tell him?

She waited a few minutes before Sam came outside.

"We told him about everything. Your turn now," He gave her an encouraging smile.