𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞

The Cullens and the pack were standing in the clearing, around a huge fire

The Cullens and the pack were standing in the clearing, around a huge fire. They burnt every piece of newborns and Seth and Edward brought the ones from the mountain. When Nathaniel got closer to them, Madelyn kept her eyes closed, burying her head further into the crook of her fiancé's neck. She didn't want to see everyone's pitiful face.

"We have a few minutes. Maybe ten," Alice said, worrying about the Volturi.

"They timed their arrival well," Rosalie rolled her eyes, leaning against her mate, who wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"Probably hoping the newborns took a few of us out," Emmett agreed with her.

"What's she doing here?" Edward wondered, tilting his head towards Bree. She took a few steps back, scared.

"We offered her safe haven if she stopped fighting. She took it," Esme pressed a comforting hand on the young girl's shoulder.

"The pack needs to leave. The Volturi won't honor a truce with werewolves," Carlisle stepped closer to Nathaniel, eyeing Madelyn's injuries.

Smelling the sicky stench of a vampire near by, Leah spined around only to met the red eyes of a newborn. She was going to charge at him, but Edward stopped her.

"Leah, don't -," Jacob jumped on the vampire, biting a piece of his face off, but the newborn crushed the wolf. Immediately, the rest of the pack neutralised the male and tore him apart. Jacob was laying on the ground, now in his human form, screaming in agony. Carlisle quickly speeded to the shapeshifter.

"The bones on the right half of his body are shattered," While the doctor examined him, the rest of the pack came back, as human this time.

"Jacob, you idiot, I had it -."

"Leah," Sam stated with a stern voice, making his ex-fiancée glared at him.

"I need to set the bones before his accelerated healing kicks in. It's already starting," Carlisle lift his head to look at the Swan's wolf. "And Madelyn's leg too."

"We have to get them out of here before the Volturi arrive. We won't win a fight with them," Edward declared.

"Go. I'll be there as soon as I can," Carlisle turned towards Nathaniel. "I'll need your help too, we need to do it soon," The black haired vampire nodded. Over the years, he studied medicine, but even if he had a great control over his bloodlust, it wasn't any near the control Carlisle had. With his knowledge, he could be able to help his coven brother.

"We'll bring them to Billy's," The teacher and the doctor nodded at the Alpha. Jared walked closer to Madelyn.

"Come on, baby sis. We have to go now," He picked the Swan girl in his arms, earning a painful hiss in return. He apologized under his breath and shared a look with his sister's imprint. The rest of the pack lifted Jacob, who cried out in pain. Nathaniel's eyes followed them until they were out of his sight before Alice spoke up.